Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing on Philo Requires Reboot

In the second post to this thread, I mentioned that I have removed/rebooted/reinstalled channel which did not help. Since many (all?) here state that they have the 2020 Ultra model and it seems to have appeared after a December 2020 update, it looks like much of the diagnosis has been done. Please look at the last update changes to determine what may be causing this.

Thank you very much.

Level 7

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing Requires Reboot

Same issue. Recorded show on ATTNow freezes system when fast forwarding. have 4800x ultra

0 Kudos
Level 8

Last night watched a Program on Philo TV and did have a buffer issue while fast forwarding  and had to reboot.  So the issue has not been fixed.  Luckily, I also still have my old Roku 3 installed which does not have any issues.  

0 Kudos
Level 7

Mine still freezes and I'm using the Roku 3 and an older model streaming stick on another tv.  They both do it.  I've noticed if you go at the slowest speed when FF through commercials, it doesn't act up as much.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing in Philo Requires Reboot

I think I may have found a semi-fix. Pause the video before going forward or back first. It seems to have fixed the freeze so far for me.

0 Kudos
Level 8

It is only on Philo it happens.  Model is 4800RW.  Serial number X010009GREED.  Software version 9.4.1 build 4222-C2.  Issue ID is ED-019-638.  Philo software version is 1.34 build 9.  

0 Kudos

Well I just now tested all the Apps that I use, including Philo and everything is working. It still says version 9.4.1.4222-C2 on the ROKU. Last update was January 6th when I did a factory reset. The Philo version is 1.34 build 9. A previous post lists those versions as still not working. Mine Works Now!!! I'm jazzed. Nothing appears to have updated so I don't know why. It's possible build 9 on Philo is an update, I couldn't find any version history online. One thing of note: Today, most of the apps required me to log in. HULU, Prime, Netflix. CW Seed needed my OK again. Not sure why all of that happened. Philo and Tablo did not.

I moved the Ultra to the bedroom tv a few weeks ago, I don't really use the fast forward/rewind, and put a streaming stick on the main tv. Not switching back until I'm pretty sure it's fixed.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Still freezing on me. Last night was watching while surfing on the phone, Philo did not freeze until the last commercial break with the added pauses due to me surfing and attention wondering. Usually it's buffering after 2nd break. Model 4800X 9.4.1 build 4222-C2. Don't know what Philo version it is, but there are not any updates.

0 Kudos
Level 8

I tried AT&T TV last night again and it froze right at the beginning using the 15 sec skips to get to the beginning of a show. Went back to using my ATV. I miss the thumbnail preview fast forwarding that only the Roku provides. 

0 Kudos

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing in Philo Requires Reboot

Just chiming in an as another user experiencing the same problem. Roku 2020 freezing up after fast forwarding in Philo. Waiting for a fix. 

0 Kudos