Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing Requires Reboot

I can confirm the exact same thing on both of my 2020 Roku Ultras but NOT on my 2019 Ultra. It happens on Philo and AT&T TV after fast forwarding. It will continue to spin once I stop on the timeline after commercials and freezes once I try to back out. Apps will not work again until after a reboot. Very annoyed at this point!

Level 8

Ok everyone.  Roku finally got back with me after a week or so.  They said they did an update that supposedly fixed the issue.  My Roku still says my software is up to date.  I even tried restarting the Roku, and still no update.  Has the issue resolved for any of you?

Level 8

No update on my end yet. Maybe they haven’t released the update yet but found the problem???

Level 8

Just tried my Roku Ultra to test Philo TV.  So far so good.  I could not get it to buffer so it looks to me like it has been fixed.  If I see any further problems, will post.  

Aloha to all!

Level 8

No go for me. Around the second or third commercial break, buffering. Exited out and checked for updates, all up to date. I also have the 2020 Ultra.

Level 8

First test and I can not get it to lock up. Not sure what version we were running before, but now running v.9.4.1 Build 4222-C2.

We will test more tonight.

Update: We could get it to lock up a few times. We did notice that the last update was December 19, 2020.

Level 8

I am experiencing the same exact problem with the 2020 Roku Ultra.

Level 7

Me as well :-/

Come on, please fix.... My 4 year old ultra at least lets me fast forward without a reboot. 

Level 8

After more experimenting tonight (with AT&T TV) the problem is related to the play/pause feature also. The pause button will not always react and when it does, the timeline counter continues to count up. Then when play is pressed it will not react. I have to press the onscreen 15 sec skip forward or backward to get the video playing again. Same app version on my 2019 Ultra has no problems at all. It seems that the 2020 player controls have a bug of some sort. 

Level 8

@urbnsr Same version and update time on mine.