Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rc9
Level 7

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing Requires Reboot

Jump to solution

Same problem with Philo on 2020 Roku Ultra here.

CordCutter2020
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I read that it had been fixed But when I check my updates there is nothing new. Still on 4222. So just for the heck of it I did a factory reset and started over and when it downloaded the updates it is still on 4222. Went into Philo and tried to use the jump forward about 10 clicks and it locked up just like before. Has anyone got the update yet?

Warlock466
Level 9

Jump to solution

No update here either. I have proven that my 2018/2019 Ultras do not have the issue. I also ordered a streaming stick 4k that I received today. It works perfectly normal also. 

REALspiffy
Level 9

Jump to solution

I didn't get any updates. But just heard there was an update. Could be the Philo app, Roku OS, or programming on the back end. In any case, still freezing me me as of yesterday.

rgboom
Level 7

Jump to solution

Set up my first Rokus last week - two 2020 Roku Ultras with Jan 7 updates. Took about one day to realize something wasn't correct. I have the same issues that are being discussed on this thread. Noticed it in Philo, but am not interested in being a researcher for Roku, so I don't know whether it freezes up in other channels. That's probably why they were $20 cheaper. I'm not very impressed and will now research how long I have on my money-back guarantee, if there is one. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing on Philo Requires Reboot

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
Warlock466
Level 9

Jump to solution

I already have an open ticket number with all of the information you requested (#3981363)

0 Kudos
t_a_g
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem on my 2020 ultra. Software says its up to date. Like others, the only fix is to reboot the Roku.

I've noticed that once Philo locks up, if I go to YouTube I can browse videos but none of them will play. YouTube normally works without issue. It only acts up if I was in Philo first and had a lockup.

Also, I don't recall this being a problem with Philo for the first few weeks of owning the ultra. I suspect the problem started occurring after an update.

Warlock466
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes this problem started about a month ago and that’s when the OS was updated. I don’t think that Philo is the problem because I have Philo and AT&T TV and they both freeze up after fast forwarding. Both apps also work perfectly on non-2020 ultras. 

GSFry
Level 8

Jump to solution

No nothing has been resolved! Very frustrating!! I have an email from Philo tech level 2 saying that they are aware of the problem and they are working on a solution.