Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Fandango

Jump to solution

Fandango has been removed from the channels on my Roku. It is no longer coming up in channel searches nor is it an option to download anywhere that I see. It still shows up on the Roku app on my phone. However it will not launch when I click in the app. Is fandango gone from Roku? I have tried Fandango and FandangoNow. Neither com up in any search #Fandango

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Fandango missing

Jump to solution

@1148Meg  You can view and install the FandangoNOW channel by signing into your Roku account  here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/144475/fandangonow

You'll want to make sure you log into the Roku account your device is linked to (Settings>System>About) to review when adding the channel. After you've installed the channel, check for a quick system update in Settings>System>System update. 

From there, you should be able to log into your Fandango account and watch your content. If you need help getting logged in, feel free to contact Fandango support  by calling 1 (800) 326-3264 or visit them online here: https://www.fandango.com/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just to let everyone know.... Tanner did help me solve this issue.  He sent me the link to add the channel.  then, the trick was for me to update and restart my Roku system.  I now have Fandango.  Also... I was misspelling it.   Smiley Sad     

18 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Fandango

Jump to solution

Its working fine on my roku's, started playing different titles without a hitch. Where are you located?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Fandango

Jump to solution

I noticed this too, that it's gone as a channel/app. However if you goto 'Search' or TV Store or Movie Store, it still is being used as the Default results & I ordered a VOD movie rental from it NYE. 

Also, fwiw 2 movies I'd purchased previously were still available in my account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I too, am searching for Fantango.  I have an account with that channel and can watch it from my computer but I want to watch it on our main TV that has Roku.  That's where Fantango (aka MovieGo) was originally.  Now it's missing and no one seems to be able to help.  Not Roku support or Fantango support.  I have searched under Movie Store by Fantango and FantangoNow.  Nothing!  Any other solutions?

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@1148Meg  You can view and install the FandangoNOW channel by signing into your Roku account  here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/144475/fandangonow

You'll want to make sure you log into the Roku account your device is linked to (Settings>System>About) to review when adding the channel. After you've installed the channel, check for a quick system update in Settings>System>System update. 

From there, you should be able to log into your Fandango account and watch your content. If you need help getting logged in, feel free to contact Fandango support  by calling 1 (800) 326-3264 or visit them online here: https://www.fandango.com/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just to let everyone know.... Tanner did help me solve this issue.  He sent me the link to add the channel.  then, the trick was for me to update and restart my Roku system.  I now have Fandango.  Also... I was misspelling it.   Smiley Sad     

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had FandangoNow on the Home screen originally. Roku sent a new home screen and Fandango disappeared. I have it already on the screen you sent to fix the problem. For some strange reason, it won't add the icon to the list of channels on my Samsung S6 Tv. This is the original tv. I purchased an additional tv, an S8 and I have Fandango on that tv. Please advise me on a way to correct this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

I think Fandango is the default on the left sidebar for Movie Store, & TV Store.  I agree its a step down, not sure why Fandango would agree to this as its harder to find. Anyway that or you can search movies & shows & see if thats one of them.

FWIW, for cord cutters, its a good option where you can purchase a cable show, like Better Call Saul or something, and still watch it. Typically, they seemed to release it the day after it airs, and its commercial free. Averages about $2/episode. If you only do it for 1 or 2 great shows its far cheaper than cable yet you can keep up as it goes (albeit a day behind)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi all...  I did resolve this issue.  The Roku tech sent me a link and we're all set.  Thanks to all who helped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ty so much. I and my bf have been looking for a week and going out of our minds as to why we could hardly play anything on our Roku. Then I read ur comment and viola. I am now updating. 😆 192 updates. Smh. I wish the device had told me i needed to update a week ago.