Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonG
Level 7

Can I access Facebook?

Jump to solution

Can I access Facebook from my TV with my Roku Premium?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Can I access Facebook?

Jump to solution

Short answer, no.

Long answer, if you have a Windows 10 laptop, or an Android device, you can screen mirror your web browser to your Roku and see Facebook on the larger screen. The Roku remote won't do anything, as it's simply displaying whatever is on your laptop/device. So it's not the Roku that is accessing Facebook.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rwlongpre
Level 7

Re: Facebook WATCH App / Channel

Jump to solution

I think it's already been said. Roku does not create the apps, the individual vendors do. So it's up to Facebook.

0 Kudos
cromney
Level 8

Re: Facebook

Jump to solution

The question is why all the other devices have the facebook watch app and Roku don’t, being the 1st streaming platform in the US?

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Level 9

Jump to solution

Because Roku as a company is a stubborn MF.  I’ve never seen such bullish AF attitudes at roku.  Look how long it took for HBO Max to get on Roku?  They want everyone to pay them a piece of the pie I guess and Facebook doesn’t want to give Roku a dime.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@cromney wrote:

The question is why all the other devices have the facebook watch app and Roku don’t, being the 1st streaming platform in the US?

Mainly because Roku doesn't create the channels for other providers. They leave it up to the providers to create their app/channel. They are the ones that are deciding not to create an app for Roku devices. So don't blame Roku for not having something for a specific provider. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos