Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonG

Can I access Facebook?

Jump to solution

Can I access Facebook from my TV with my Roku Premium?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I access Facebook?

Jump to solution

Short answer, no.

Long answer, if you have a Windows 10 laptop, or an Android device, you can screen mirror your web browser to your Roku and see Facebook on the larger screen. The Roku remote won't do anything, as it's simply displaying whatever is on your laptop/device. So it's not the Roku that is accessing Facebook.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rwlongpre
Reel Rookie

Re: Facebook WATCH App / Channel

Jump to solution

I think it's already been said. Roku does not create the apps, the individual vendors do. So it's up to Facebook.

0 Kudos
cromney
Channel Surfer

Re: Facebook

Jump to solution

The question is why all the other devices have the facebook watch app and Roku don’t, being the 1st streaming platform in the US?

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Because Roku as a company is a stubborn MF.  I’ve never seen such bullish AF attitudes at roku.  Look how long it took for HBO Max to get on Roku?  They want everyone to pay them a piece of the pie I guess and Facebook doesn’t want to give Roku a dime.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@cromney wrote:

The question is why all the other devices have the facebook watch app and Roku don’t, being the 1st streaming platform in the US?

Mainly because Roku doesn't create the channels for other providers. They leave it up to the providers to create their app/channel. They are the ones that are deciding not to create an app for Roku devices. So don't blame Roku for not having something for a specific provider. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Streaming Star

Re: Facebook is also a SMM panel platform

Jump to solution

Why am I getting an email of this thread and why did you post basically the same thing three times?

Can we get some moderators in here I mean what the heck is going on?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Facebook is also a SMM panel platform

Jump to solution

I think those posts are spam. But you can unsubscribe from receiving emails about this specific thread by scrolling to the top of the page, and on the path line (the one that shows which sub-group this thread is on) there's three vertical dots on the very right of the page. Click that and there's an option labeled Unsubscribe. That will stop any emails from this particular thread.

Dan

0 Kudos
jojoselena
Reel Rookie

Re: Facebook Video (cast) and/or Screen Mirroring - Corona Virus era (Android or Windows - MS Surfac

Jump to solution

During the COVID-19 pandemic, video calling and screen mirroring have become essential tools for communication and collaboration. Whether you're using an Android device or a Windows-based MS Surface, there are various options available for video casting and screen mirroring, including Facebook Video.

1. Facebook Video (casting): If you want to share a video with others during a Facebook call, you can use the built-in screen sharing feature available in the Facebook Messenger app or through Facebook's web interface. Start a video call with your friends or colleagues, and then look for the screen sharing icon, usually located at the bottom or top of the call interface. By selecting this option, you can share your screen and play the video for everyone in the call to see.

2. Screen Mirroring (Android): Android devices offer screen mirroring capabilities that allow you to mirror your device's screen onto a larger display, such as a TV or computer. This feature is commonly known as "Cast" or "Screen Mirroring." To use screen mirroring, ensure that both your Android device and the target display are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, access the Quick Settings panel on your Android device by swiping down from the top of the screen, and look for the Cast or Screen Mirroring option. Tap on it and select the target device to start mirroring your screen.

3. Screen Mirroring (Windows - MS Surface): If you have an MS Surface device running Windows, you can use the built-in "Project" feature to mirror your screen onto another display. Here's how you can do it:

- Connect your MS Surface device and the target display (e.g., TV or projector) using an HDMI cable or wireless display adapter, depending on the available connectivity options.
- On your MS Surface, press the Windows key + P simultaneously to open the "Project" menu.
- Select the desired projection mode, such as "Duplicate" to mirror your screen.
- Your MS Surface screen will be mirrored onto the connected display.

Remember to follow the recommended health guidelines and local regulations during the ongoing pandemic. Utilizing video calling and screen mirroring technologies can help you stay connected with others while minimizing physical contact.

Please note that specific device models and software versions may have slightly different interfaces or options for video casting and screen mirroring. Check more on Nationflix. It's always best to refer to the user manuals or support documentation provided by the respective manufacturers for detailed instructions tailored to your device.

0 Kudos