Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachaelene
Reel Rookie

Why isn't there a Facebook app for Roku?

Jump to solution

Why isn't there a facebook app for Roku??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Facebook

Jump to solution

@Rachaelene wrote:

I heard there was one some time ago, but Facebook pulled it long ago. It's up to them to decide to create one, or allow someone else to create one. Roku does not create channels (apps) themselves, with the exception of the Roku Media Player and The Roku Channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Rachaelene wrote:

I heard there was one some time ago, but Facebook pulled it long ago. It's up to them to decide to create one, or allow someone else to create one. Roku does not create channels (apps) themselves, with the exception of the Roku Media Player and The Roku Channel. 

Dan

Rachaelene
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I REALLY hope they add it and soon too! With the new Facebook Watch there are movies and shows that look really good.
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Rachaelene wrote:
I REALLY hope they add it and soon too! With the new Facebook Watch there are movies and shows that look really good.

Never say never, but it's up to Facebook, not Roku. You'll have to ask over there for one. 🙂

Dan

0 Kudos
jimp

Jump to solution
daroemer

Facebook Video (cast) and/or Screen Mirroring - Corona Virus era (Android or Windows - MS Surface)

Jump to solution

During this Virus "social distancing", multiple musicians and bands are doing awesome, free livestream concerts on Facebook Live (video). 

This question has come up in the past, but it appears that options have changed and/or the past answers are obsolete, so I'd like to get an updated answer (as of March 2020).

Is there a way to cast Facebook Video to my ROKU Express device(s), either via some App (it appears that the FB App no longer exists?) or via a Screen Mirror function?  I have an Android phone (Galaxy S9) and/or a Windows laptop (MS Surface Pro). Also have IOS devices in the home.

Thank you,

DR

Re: Facebook Video (cast) and/or Screen Mirroring - Corona Virus era (Android or Windows - MS Surfac

Jump to solution

Samsung Devices have Smart Cast and they can mirror to Roku devices!

ShellyB
Channel Surfer

Re: Facebook Video (cast) and/or Screen Mirroring - Corona Virus era (Android or Windows - MS Surfac

Jump to solution

Like from my samsung phone to the roku? Where can I find info on how to do that?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@ShellyB wrote:

Like from my samsung phone to the roku? Where can I find info on how to do that?

Android devices overall can stream/cast to a Roku easily. I don't have one anymore, but it was just a simple app installed to enable it (can't remember the app's name). Worked fine for me when I had a Galaxy S8.

Dan

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I too would like to be able to cast Facebook live video to our Roku Uktra.

According to Facebooks FAQ, you need an Apple TV or Samsung TV.  I’m limited to watching these Bands perform on the small smartphone screen.  In this precarious time why can’t Roku and Facebook come together to make this happen?  This would help with some sanity during this very awkward time in our history.  To sit and do nothing speaks volumes of how Roku and or Facebook really care about humanity.  I will question future investment in this platform if I do not hear an official response.