Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adkinsjm
Level 7

FXNOW 2.0

Noticed I can’t watch any FX content with the FXNOW 2.0 update. Can stream FOX network shows, but hangs with any FX, FXM, or FXC shows. Similar reports on Twitter with people not able to stream.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: FXNOW 2.0

I can confirm FX is not working so well.

Roku 3 4200. The live streams seem fine, but on-demand, not so much. Surprised they are not dropping FXNow and just having everything on FOXNow, I thought that was the plan. I guess the FXNow is the one to keep (Simpsons library is the main item).
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos

Yup, same here with the Premiere+, unable to stream any FX content.

Another wonderful update post-OS 8.0 that breaks streaming, just like what happened with PBS.

I don't know if this is the fault of Roku or the developers of each app, but it's shameful that whoever is coding this stuff doesn't bother to take 10 minutes to test it before shoving it down our throats with auto-updates that cannot be reverted.

I used to be a huge fan of Roku devices, owning a few of them, having just purchased another Premiere+ within the past month...but it's becoming very tiresome that each new forced update is worse than the last.

<Edited due to trolling: Forum Rules- RokuShawnS>
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"Premiere+4630" wrote:
Yup, same here with the Premiere+, unable to stream any FX content.

Another wonderful update post-OS 8.0 that breaks streaming, just like what happened with PBS.

I don't know if this is the fault of Roku or the developers of each app, but it's shameful that whoever is coding this stuff doesn't bother to take 10 minutes to test it before shoving it down our throats with auto-updates that cannot be reverted.

I used to be a huge fan of Roku devices, owning a few of them, having just purchased another Premiere+ within the past month...but it's becoming very tiresome that each new forced update is worse than the last.

Cute the Roku fanboys trying to defend the indefensible... :roll:

I'm on 7.7 and it doesn't work here either. So maybe it's actually fx and their shitty app.
0 Kudos
adkinsjm
Level 7

It started working tonight for me.
0 Kudos
beq
Level 8

"trekkeriii" wrote:
Surprised they are not dropping FXNow and just having everything on FOXNow, I thought that was the plan. I guess the FXNow is the one to keep (Simpsons library is the main item).

Wait I thought this too, had removed the FXNow and Nat Geo TV apps since I heard they were consolidated to Fox Now.

Are the other 2 apps still around as duplicate copies of Fox Now, or are you saying FXNow is actually better because it has more content than Fox Now?

P.S. Going forward though, I wonder when the FX and NatGeo content will be removed and transferred to Disney (Hulu?). The whole app consolidation effort by Fox will be for naught in the end, thanks to Disney's acquisition.
0 Kudos
reddice
Level 7

I can't stream FX, FXX or NatGeo wild even though I get those channels with my Dish subscription.  I use to be able to with the older app.  With this new POS app all I can stream is my local WNYW FOX 5 and the main Nat Geo channel live.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos