Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanTrost

FOX NEWS

For the love of all that is holy someone please help me. Over and over, I've went thru the steps, code, service provider.... yes you have it!! oh wait no you don't, the live stream is locked again. How do I purchase it? Why do I have to keep putting in my code? Fox News support/help is actually....... no help. I've system updated the Roku, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. What do I do, please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Siegbjam
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS

I have the same problem. Everyday i need to “unlock” my Fox news app. Quite honestly Ive had numerous issues with the Fox news app. Crashing unexpectedly, locking up, now this. Im starting to believe Roku doesnt want to provide Fox news to be viewed on “their” device without errors. And guess what its making me not want to mess around “fixing” it. So congrats are in order! Roku knows its happening and doesnt care. None of the other apps i use (amazon prime, netflix) have had any issues. Last time i checked these forums they blamed it on Fox. BS

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Siegbjam

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. If an issue only occurs on one specific channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. 

However, have you tried to remove the channelrestart your Roku, then add it back in? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. You can visit this link for instructions: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If the issue persists, we recommend reaching out to Fox News support to report the issue and for further help. 

You can contact them here: https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I don't think it is an official Fox News Roku application as it has all sorts of developer issues and crashes constantly, you may just have to stream directly from the Fox News website.  Plus, the content that you get with Roku does not match what they publish online.  Under "topics" within the Fox News app it is a total mess -- every news video clip is under the same subheading whether it is entertainment, tech, sports or politics.  There are other comments in the Roku community which seem to suggest that the app was developed by someone else other than a Fox News employee, perhaps a high school kid living in his mother's basement.  Since the app does  rely on advertisers someone is certainly making money off that terrible Roku app, (edited for political correctness by Roku's censors...)  Basically Fox News needs to get their act together and put out an official app for Roku users to prevent misuse or hijacking of their brand and content by internet pirates.  

0 Kudos
PoppaP2

Re: FOX NEWS on the Roku channel

OK, Thanks for the info. Well, I guess i will have to view another channel on Roku for my news.

And suggestions???

Thanks   Bob P

0 Kudos
Amyxo5

Re: FOX NEWS …some shadow ban fokery at play 🤣

Same …I’ve done everything, like to the point this seems like an obvious shadow ban cus I’ve already reached out to Roku support with no response.  Every other channel works fine except Fox 🤣 …dude, I’m apolitical I just want to watch every news channel out there to get my own opinion so fk off …fix it Roku  ✌️❤️

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: FOX NEWS …some shadow ban fokery at play 🤣

@Amyxo5 

Roku didn't build the app. Fox built the app. Roku can't fix anything that someone else built.

Fox apps have been notorious over the years for having issues. Don't blame Roku for that. Direct your ire at Fox and suggest they get it together.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos