Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mich
Level 7

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

I'm so upset that I can no longer stream Fox News and right before a major election! I would gladly pay for it but it isn't available without cable. No wonder conservatives are losing the battle for our country!!! Shame on Fox News!

fenderbender
Level 7

I concur. Planning without expecting thugs, liars, cheats, saboteurs, and assassins is the perfect plan for perpetual failure. FOX seems to have changed starting about 3 months ago. Laura Ingram interrupts more. Martha MacCallum is more snide and cuts people off. Shannon Bream has lost all ability to have an opinion. Tucker and The Five were my favorites. Ever since they brought over the NPR banality and the DNC liar, IO have been suspect. Now I cannot update my ROKU payment method and they have no telephone. The severing is complete. All I get is the idiotic message that "Free Preview expired." WTF does that mean for a free channel. The false dichotomy of Fox versus Roku wins. I can watch on internet for free. And, we do NOT pay for cable TV. Just go to the web page. This sucks!

thetick
Level 12

@fenderbender wrote:

I can watch on internet for free. And, we do NOT pay for cable TV. Just go to the web page. This sucks!

Just get a Chromecast and your problem is solved.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Herbie1
Level 7

It is entirely appropriate to direct ANGER at Fox News.  They were not

giving their viewers a free ride, because, as always, they run ads and their ads 

are paying for the service.  Because of its success Fox News has become very greedy.

0 Kudos
mobi
Level 7

This shows the political motivation to prevent people from seeing what's going on! MORE CENSORSHIP

0 Kudos
mobi
Level 7

I suggest we all go to Fox News on Twitter and request to know about this change. It is clearly politically motivated to do this right before a major election.

0 Kudos
mobi
Level 7

PLEASE go to TWITTER and tweet out that Fox News has altered its settings to prevent viewers without pay tv from viewing the app and that it is clearly politically motivated to do this prior to a major election.

0 Kudos
thetick
Level 12

@mobi wrote:

PLEASE go to TWITTER and tweet out that Fox News has altered its settings to prevent viewers without pay tv from viewing the app and that it is clearly politically motivated to do this prior to a major election.

God forbit if a rich evil company tries to make a buck.  So are you now going to whine about not having free college, free rent , free healthcare, free weed, free condoms ?  Did I miss anything ? [post edited]

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
EveryDayMiracle
Level 7

Hey, does using a Firestick allow you to stream Fox News?  Still????  If so, I'll Amazon it in immediately.
PLEASE REPLY  THX

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As a friendly reminder of the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion.

Community users who do not abide by the Community Guidelines set in place may lose access to posting in the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos