Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa44
Level 7

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

I’m having the same problem. What has Roku done to make it easy for us to watch the Fox news channel? They should just make it easy for us.

The_QV
Level 9

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

Me too. Its really frustrating that Fox News won't fix their app. Its obvious that its the app. All my other Roku apps work just fine. Its not my provider either who is Spectrum. Fox News, PLEASE FIX YOUR APP. DO YOU REALLY WANT US TO WATCH CNN TO GET OUR NEWS????

jetron
Level 8

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

How is it obvious that it is their app?  It's certainly not obvious to me.

chht
Level 9

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

PERHAPS --- ROKU is playing politics

The_QV
Level 9

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

The process of elimination Jetron. It's obvious because of all the comments here and every single app out of hundreds works except for this one. So many of us have tried everything possible but no luck. There are other boards on the internet with the same complaints. I guess it time to hit the phones. For me, Spectrum first, then Fox and then Roku. I will share my findings.

FoxNews has an agreement to provide service with hundreds of providers and nothing is being done. I don't know how much money is changing hands but it should work as agreed.

The_QV
Level 9

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF


I have no proof at all however, I believe Spectrum is playing politics. On my package, they offer two CNN channels but no Fox.
@chht wrote:

PERHAPS --- ROKU is playing politics



The_QV
Level 9

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF


@jetron wrote:

How is it obvious that it is their app?  It's certainly not obvious to me.


What is the problem jetron? Why is it not obvious to you? Can you help me with this?

0 Kudos
thetick
Level 12

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF


@The_QV wrote:

@jetron wrote:

How is it obvious that it is their app?  It's certainly not obvious to me.


What is the problem jetron? Why is it not obvious to you? Can you help me with this?


People find what they want to find which is exactly why The_QV thinks it's obvious.  Note no one else except combustible chht thinks it's obvious.  Those two want to find political censorship so they can whine about it which is quite ironic since Fox News promotes individual responsibility and dignity, not childlike whining. 

If you look for a fight.. you will always get one. Smiley Happy

By the way https://video.foxnews.com works fine with Chromecast.

 

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
The_QV
Level 9

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF


Hey, I didn't come here looking for a fight or snarky remarks. I just wanted some advice on getting the FoxNews app to work on Roku. About the "obvious" part, I did say "by process of elimination." I started with my provider Spectrum. They said its (Fox's app) not their responsibility. Then Roku. I received the same answer. Fox will not respond to me, therefore by the process of elimination, that leaves Fox. It IS their app. I did lots of research on this. I don't think I'll come here anymore because I don't care for a tense argumentative board. I like ~~love love love...kitten and puppies and pretty spring flowers.~~ I don't care for keyboard crazies who have nothing better to do than attack people behind a computer screen. Also I did not speak of it being obvious to "anyone else". So if I can correct myself, It's obvious TO ME that the trouble lies with Fox. No thanks on "Chromecast" but I truly do appreciate the suggestion. IMO Google invades enough of my electronics.
I love Foxnews. My package with Spectrum only includes #2 CNN's and I'm afraid I can't watch or listen to CNN anymore without getting a headache.  I long for the days when news was just news.
Take care ya'll. Best regards, 
Ms. The_QV

 

@thetick wrote:

@The_QV wrote:

@jetron wrote:

How is it obvious that it is their app?  It's certainly not obvious to me.


What is the problem jetron? Why is it not obvious to you? Can you help me with this?


People find what they want to find which is exactly why The_QV thinks it's obvious.  Note no one else except combustible chht thinks it's obvious.  Those two want to find political censorship so they can whine about it which is quite ironic since Fox News promotes individual responsibility and dignity, not childlike whining. 

If you look for a fight.. you will always get one. Smiley Happy

By the way https://video.foxnews.com works fine with Chromecast.

 


 

0 Kudos
thetick
Level 12

Re: FOX NEWS REMOVED WTF

Fair enough.

Did you try for help and support visit: http://www.foxnews.com/help ?  As Fox will need to fix their Roku app.  It's on Fox to fix their Roku app and it's not any political nonsense @chht suggested in a post above.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos