Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

F1 TV not connecting to live feed

F1 TV app is opening and plays all archived content fine, but the app will not connect to the live feed for Eifel Grand Prix Qualifying.  A wheel icon spins when I click on the live feed, but it will not connect to the live feed of the event.  Very frustrating, email sent to Roku support.  Anyone encounter this problem and know of a solution?

Connecting from the U.S. using a Roku 4 unit and used Roku "Check Connection" feature which shows 38 MBPS download speed to my Roku 4.  Conducted hard reset of Roku 4 and also logged out of and logged back into my F1 TV account, but none of that fixed the issue. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: F1 TV not connecting to live feed

In the end I had to watch F1 TV through the F1.com website where it worked fine.  There appears to be some sort of problem with Roku providing the live feed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

For qualifying today? It worked on the Roku for me, so it's not an across the board problem. Although yesterday F1TV required me to log in again which was annoying.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing happened to me,but it worked on my bedroom TV,just not my living room so I switched rokus so I can at least catch the race in the living room and it's working just fine! I'm wondering if it has to do with resolution settings or something since the other roku was only set up for 1080 and the one that wasn't working was 4k.  I'll investigate after the race because i have it working for now

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks, I have a 1080p TV (Panasonic ZT90), I'll experiment with the settings and see if it makes any difference.  Did you have different model Roku boxes in your living room and bedroom?  I only have one Roku 4 box, I wonder if it can be a newer software issue as I didn't have this problem for this season's races up to now. 

Edit- I can't watch the live race today either, it won't connect to the live event icon, but I can watch all the non-live content on my Roku 4.  I'm now watching the race live on the F1.com channel using my desktop computer.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same issue.  F1TV support had no clue.  Works on all devices except the ROKU.  I SUSPECT the 20/9/20 update.  I think it’s a Roku issue as laptop, iPhone and iPad all work perfectly with F1 

Highlighted
Level 8

Sorry. 10/09/20 update

Highlighted
Level 9

If it's helpful in narrowing things down, my setup which worked fine for the race today, is a Roku 2 (4210x) with 9.3.0 build 4194-04 and 1080p screen resolution.

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Just wanted to update that this weekend 10/25 my Roku 4 box is now connecting to live stream of the race, even to my 1080p TV.  I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like a software issue on Roku's part since my F1TV live stream access worked on all other devices besides the Roku 4 box.  

I was surprised how little effort Roku customer service took in understanding/trouble shooting/investigating the problem (aka no effort).  The customer service agents (two of them) both basically said logout and login, restart otherwise it must be an F1TV issue, contact F1TV.  For a company that sells a product that is basically unnecessary and is intended to make a customer's user experience connecting to different entertainment channels as easy as possible, I found their response strange. 

0 Kudos