Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Eyestream TV - legal?

Hi,

My parents and a few friends are recommending this service.  To me it’s a obvious pirate service.  However it is a public channel in the roku store.   As a result people are saying it’s legal because roku approved it.  However they have all out of market locals , sports, ppv etc.  There is no chance IMO this is a legal service.   Was this a error on rokus part?  Hate to see people I know wasting money on a service that will most likely just be shut down at some point losing money.   Especially since people think Roku “vouched” for this service. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Eyestream TV - legal?

I don't think you can say Roku "vouches" for any of the channels.  The process of publishing a new channel has become automated and I'm not sure if anyone at Roku even takes a look a channel before it goes live.  All developers are supposed to vouch for the fact that they have the rights to the content of their channel, but pirates will be pirates.  You can bet that once Roku becomes aware of a channel that's used for piracy it will be removed, so you and your friends may want to enjoy it while you can.

0 Kudos