Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVStreamer
Reel Rookie

Eyestream TV - legal?

Hi,

My parents and a few friends are recommending this service.  To me it’s a obvious pirate service.  However it is a public channel in the roku store.   As a result people are saying it’s legal because roku approved it.  However they have all out of market locals , sports, ppv etc.  There is no chance IMO this is a legal service.   Was this a error on rokus part?  Hate to see people I know wasting money on a service that will most likely just be shut down at some point losing money.   Especially since people think Roku “vouched” for this service. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Eyestream TV - legal?

I don't think you can say Roku "vouches" for any of the channels.  The process of publishing a new channel has become automated and I'm not sure if anyone at Roku even takes a look a channel before it goes live.  All developers are supposed to vouch for the fact that they have the rights to the content of their channel, but pirates will be pirates.  You can bet that once Roku becomes aware of a channel that's used for piracy it will be removed, so you and your friends may want to enjoy it while you can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
vaepascual
Reel Rookie

Eyestream TV is legal. Their panel are fully licensed and currently growing. They do affiliate marketing to promote the product. I myself is a customer and affiliate and after 5 referrals I pay nothing for the service. Try it, they have 2 day free trial and customer affiliates are as helpful as its customer service. www.eyestreamtv.net/#paskystream

AvsGunnar

I don't know.  They look like the typical reseller of IPTV.  Even their website looks like every other one, and was made using GoDaddy Web Builder and are hosted on WIX.  Generally, when an IPTV service claims to offer nearly 1000 channels for $30-50 and has a Referral program where you get your service for free by referring others to the service...well...  Did your cable company ever offer you free service if you sent them more customers?  Does Hulu, Philo, Sling do this?  

There is also any lack of reviews of this service, either by reputable or even fake review sites.  

I would say your intuition @TVStreamer  about this service is spot on.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

vaepascual
Reel Rookie

Using free Web creators to promote your business does not typically mean that the business is fake or a scam. Eyestream has dedicated to create a streaming service that is affordable, simple and can benefit the customer in the longrun. Right now they have partnered with The Bumpcard, a new way of having a business card thats transfers your card to the digital version with a tap of a card or a ring. Of course it requires a lot of money to advertise, of course it cost thousands just to add an App in amazon if we have to use our own platform, of course skeptics will come because www.Eyestreamtv.net/#paskystream website is on Alpha Phase, Of course we can watch 4 games at once on our panel, of course we have a "catch up" feature on our VIP package, Of course licensing cost money and a lot of people will want cheaper prices. So www.Eyestreamtv.net/#paskystream lets you try it out for 2 days, (actually 3 days as a bonus) and gives anyone the opportunity to erase the monthly fee? How is that a scam? It's not like you're being forced to pay 39.99 or join the referral program, all of this is a choice. One radio host, "Ted Shredd" of Shredd and Ragan Show WEDG, promotes www.Eyestreamtv.net/#paskystream while getting 1400 referrals.. so now he not only get it free but make over $11,000 a month on referrals alone. Yes business takes time to get big unless you have the millions to advertise!

TVStreamer
Reel Rookie

It’s 10000% illegal.  Just the fact they offer NFL Sunday Ticket in the basic package is enough.  The NFL won’t even let DirecTV put it in AT&T TV and it’s exclusive.  No way these guys have a contract with the NFL.   

Not to mention out of market locals which the networks would never allow.   I use to tell people the way to weed these services out is if they have a channel in the Roku Store it’s most likely legit, so a bunch of people I know think these guys are legit. Roku really dropped the ball here.  Surprised there is no way to report the channel.  

vaepascual
Reel Rookie

You sound like you work for some big company. Eyestream has been running for 2 years legally. Every panel is licensed. Eyestream is on Google Play also.

Justdon

TV streamer sounds like perhaps they have an interest in seeing eye stream shut down, sounds kinda swampy to me. Sometimes something or somebody comes along and offers the public a way out of a bureaucratic monopoly like the local cable companies tv services and there are always people out there (usually for financial reasons) that go out of their way to see them fail. I'm old enough to remember the deregulation of the telephone, now if they can only do something about the power companies out there.

I'm impressed with Eyestream  and intend on signing up as soon as I drop my cable tv service.

0 Kudos
Garyvmann

Eyestream is 100% legal they are licensed it is not a pirated app 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

It does continue to be in the Roku Channel Store.

However, I would feel better if their store wasn't selling lamps and cookbooks. (https://store.eyestreamtv.net/)

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos