Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigj011p
Roku Guru

Extreme lagging with the Disney+ app

Since launch day of the Disney+ app (11-12), the app has been extremely lagging. As soon as the tile screen appears the artwork is not displayed for the individual tiles. Then all of it just loads a few seconds later really fast in a row one by one.

Then if I try to go up and down at a normal speed it doesn't register my command and it takes a few seconds to catch up with me. Once it catches up with me it's still lagging when I just try to go up and down at normal speed. Also at some point if I go down some of the tile boxes is gray and takes a few seconds to load the artwork for one whole whole genre tile.

Also I have a gig internet plan from my ISP and my Roku device is getting 60 mbps on my 5ghz network (from the Roku network settings telling me). Then the Hulu, Netflix & Amazon Prime interfaces are all working smooth with no lagging issues or any other issues of any kind either. So it's definitely not my internet connection or the Roku stick itself.

Then so far there's been no other app updates since the 12th for the Roku device while other devices already have 2 updates (on the 15tha and the 19th). Which this is getting to the point that I do not want to use the app on my Roku device at the moment because it's so bad.
7 REPLIES 7
Tbucks43

Re: Extreme lagging with the Disney+ app

Any update on this? I am experiencing the same problem with the Disney+ app. All other apps work fine.

Jneset

Also affects me. Xbox one hardwired is instant load of initial app show tiles.

0 Kudos
jkstofe

Same issue. Here, I am on fiber so internet is fast. Disney app...not so much. I hope tons of people reply so someone from roku would address this.

0 Kudos
TreeBob

Me too! Netflix run fin so does Hulu and Prime. Disney is easily 10x slower. Sometimes it times out before the selections load! Could it be that I have an older roku? Net speed is 54 mbs and I’m told that’s good. Helps us roku gurus your our only hope!

0 Kudos
Luigicamp

All I have been able to do was to unplug Ruku completely, wait 30 seconds, plug back in and I was able to watch Disney+ no problem. However, it seems something I have to do every so often, just to watch Disney+.

It's not a solution of course, but for now it's better than nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Luigicamp

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Does the issue only occur on Disney Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please provide us as well the other troubleshooting steps you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @TheRainMan,

Thanks for your post!

We appreciate you reaching out regarding this, and we'd like to see more on what's going on here.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing it occur?
  • Is this an isolated case for this specific channel only, or is it affecting the rest of the channels on the platform?
  • Let us know: does restarting your device solve the issue, or has the issue come back after a restart?

Tell us more about this so that we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next steps.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos