Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ENIGMACODE
Level 7

Express Model 3900R

Hello

A few questions thank you:

Can anyone tell me if the remote from my Ultra 4660X2 is compatible with the Express Model: 3900R?
Does Express Model 3900R remote have a headphone jack?
Have any of the newer platform software roku's returned to the availablility of IMDB Trivia Page? *Since using my Ultra 4660x2 I've noticed the IMBD Trivia Page has been REMOVED (no longer there). They only provide Casting and brief descriptions. No more 'Trivia Page'

Thank You
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Express Model 3900R

"ENIGMACODE" wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the remote from my Ultra 4660X2 is compatible with the Express Model: 3900R?

No. The Ultra uses a WiFi Direct remote while the Express uses an infrared remote. The IR remote will control the Ultra, however.
"ENIGMACODE" wrote:
Does Express Model 3900R remote have a headphone jack?

Nope. The Ultra is the only current model to have that. You can compare features here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare#sku=4660R
"ENIGMACODE" wrote:
Have any of the newer platform software roku's returned to the availability of IMDB Trivia Page? *Since using my Ultra 4660x2 I've noticed the IMBD Trivia Page has been REMOVED (no longer there). They only provide Casting and brief descriptions. No more 'Trivia Page'

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is that an app? If so, it's not in the Channel Store. Keep in mind, the channel store https://channelstore.roku.com/ will show any app that will work on any of your Roku devices, and is authorized in your area.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

I think he's referring to Amazon app that use to have link to IMDB, where there was links for  cast, trivia, errors, and quotes. Loved reading those pages, my xd roku still has the old amazon UI with that, and they are still adding info for newer titles.
0 Kudos
ENIGMACODE
Level 7

Hi Tivoburkee

Yes thank you that's what I'm referring to  ..... wondering if fewer people are actually interested in that information anymore? I'm with you - it was wonderful to read IMDB Trivia. Was it an actual 'App' or just something that was simply there for the enjoyment on Amazon? There remains Casting information but Trivia is sadly Gone :cry:

I still have that option/information for Trivia on my older slower roku's but not my Ultra 4660. Did you say you actually have Trivia on your 4660 Ultra? Or just Casting?

Perhaps if enough folks complained about its removal maybe roku could make arrangement to have it returned?

And thank you Basil for the info ...
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"ENIGMACODE" wrote:
Hi Tivoburkee

Yes thank you that's what I'm referring to  ..... wondering if fewer people are actually interested in that information anymore? I'm with you - it was wonderful to read IMDB Trivia. Was it an actual 'App' or just something that was simply there for the enjoyment on Amazon? There remains Casting information but Trivia is sadly Gone :cry:

I still have that option/information for Trivia on my older slower roku's but not my Ultra 4660. Did you say you actually have Trivia on your 4660 Ultra? Or just Casting?

Perhaps if enough folks complained about its removal maybe roku could make arrangement to have it returned?

And thank you Basil for the info ...

It's not Roku's app, you would need to complain to Amazon.
And yes, the "X-Ray" feature is really nice on devices that support it.
0 Kudos
ENIGMACODE
Level 7

Thank you  -

I see that the Amazon X-Ray TV feature is not available with roku? Is that correct? Not on any model roku?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

If by X-Ray you are referring to the actors currently on screen being shown along the bottom while paused, my Insignia Roku TV has it, and I'm pretty sure my other players do as well. But looking at the on-line descriptions of it, this doesn't appear to be a full blown version of X-Ray. Nope, I take it back. I just paused an episode of Dr. Who, and I noticed when paused it showed me the arrow to click up, and that opened the full X-Ray screen. So yes, Roku does support Amazon X-Ray. And if my little 720p Insignia TV has it, I'm sure the more powerful boxes do as well.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ENIGMACODE
Level 7

Hi There atc - thanx for the reply

In one of my questions I was asking specifically about the 'Trivia Page' content of IMDB. When I bought my Roku Ultra 4660 I noticed I continued to get 'Casting' but Trivia was gone. This applies to whether the movie is playing/paused etc .. Same with the Roku Express model (unless I'm missing something)?

And in earlier online news (a few years back) I read that Amazon X-Ray TV was indeed not available on roku players .. um?

Thanx again atc
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"ENIGMACODE" wrote:
Hi There atc - thanx for the reply

In one of my questions I was asking specifically about the 'Trivia Page' content of IMDB. When I bought my Roku Ultra 4660 I noticed I continued to get 'Casting' but Trivia was gone. This applies to whether the movie is playing/paused etc .. Same with the Roku Express model (unless I'm missing something)?

And in earlier online news (a few years back) I read that Amazon X-Ray TV was indeed not available on roku players .. um?

Thanx again atc

Nope. Amazon X-Ray is definitely available on my Insignia TV, and I'll confirm it's on my Ultra as well tonight. But I can't believe my tiny little Roku TV would have something that the Ultra didn't. I'll also look at it again to see if Trivia is one of the available categories. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ENIGMACODE
Level 7

Hi again atc - thanx again for the comeback

Yes indeed I finally figured out how to get 'X Ray TV' on both my Express and 4600 Ultra. However I can also accurately say that Amazon appears to have  'scaled back' the Trivia Pages for certain movies.What I can still see on my older slower roku boxes cannot be seen on the newer platforms. Especially older movies made in the 40's. Much of that great information is gone. All that remains is 'Casting' (no more Trivia pages). If you want to read about certain movies you have to go to IMDB ONLINE to get it ...

Meanwhile I keep my older roku box connected to a 2nd HDMI input and only use it to check out 'Trivia' then go back to streaming on the faster box.
0 Kudos