Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisw63
Channel Surfer

Exiting Netflix Even More Annoying

After years of forcing you to select Exit Netflix at the bottom of it's menu (instead of just hitting Back again like most other channels), Netflix has now upped the ante.  Now you have to scroll to the bottom of the menu, then over to the extreme right to leave it the right way.

Does just hitting Home do anything to mess up your settings or saved shows?  I won't be using that stupid Exit button any time soon.

4 REPLIES 4
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

Re: Exiting Netflix Even More Annoying

Every single channel you watch on Roku all you have to do is press the home button to exit. You won’t mess up any shows. You never had to use the exit feature 

chrisw63
Channel Surfer

Thanks, I was pretty sure, but didn't want to mess it up.  Probably only watch Netflix on my computer after this, though.  Anyone with even a little sense of how the internet works these days knows that every app maker wants you to leave their app running. If the app can collect data on you, it will. Netflix made it more difficult to exit for a reason, and it obviously wasn't to help their customers. Not hard to figure that one out.

Strega
Roku Guru

Oh I dunno.  Sometimes I press back one too many times and end up being annoyed that I'm dumped at the home screen when I didn't intend to go there.  I like pressing home when I want to go to home, myself.

0 Kudos
Apesbrain
Binge Watcher

I'm typically using the Samsung "One Remote" (no "Home" button) so this added button pushing to exit the Netflix channel is indeed annoying.  I appreciate that on the other channels I watch you can "back" out to an exit confirmation and quickly be back to the Home screen.  I wish Netflix would do the same.

0 Kudos