Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toku
Reel Rookie

Re: Automatic Account Link for Netflix and Vudu

Jump to solution

The Roku response of that's the way it works, spend an 30 minutes on each TV and relogin on all apps is somewhat meaningless. Listen to your customers. We like guest mode which makes it simple for our guests but now the complexity is on us to relogin everytime we stay at our own place. Have dual profiles and store the owners loging in on the Roku or in the cloud. Saying that it's by design doesn't solve any problems but rather creates frustration for a community of users that are trying to improve the product. This isn't a technology limitation, it's a development issue.

Sbarker224
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has to be the most frustrating thing about using Rokus. And it’s becoming a dealbreaker. I am considering swapping out my 9 Rokus for something else. The Product Manager who refuses to modify this behavior has clearly not ever used the Guest Mode in a real life setting. 

0 Kudos
skier74
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well with their stock price down 60% from its highs maybe they’ll realize they should start listening to their customers.

0 Kudos

Re: Exiting Guest Mode: Will I need to re-sign into my subscription channels?

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R, Thank you for your response to this original question regarding having to re-sign in after exiting guest mode.

I did read and understand this is a feature, not a bug. I’m following back up because it has been some time since this original post.  I’m wondering if Roku has considered a new feature that allows an administrator to turn guest mode off and not have to log into all of the apps individually.  This would be an incredible time saver!

To compound this issue, we have multiple Roku’s. That means when we turn each of these into guest mode, and then subsequently disable guest mode, we have to re-sign to many apps on each of the separate Roku’s. This is quite an inconvenience!

I understand several Apps, such as Netflix, do allow single sign on. That’ll save a little bit of time. However there are far more applications that don’t support single sign on. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
cruddydan

Re: Exiting Guest Mode: Will I need to re-sign into my subscription channels?

Jump to solution

Can you explain better what you did to "ease the pain" of re-logging back into your channels?  Many, many folks, including me, have this same issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos