Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaybpl
Reel Rookie

Exiting Guest Mode: Will I need to re-sign into my subscription channels?

Jump to solution

I have dozens of apps that are logged into my services (Netflix, Prime, etc). When I enable Guest Mode, it correctly shows the apps and forces the new user to login. But when I exist Guest mode, ALL OF my original apps are logged out as well! This means I need to spend upwards of an hour re-logging back into all the Roku apps again.

This makes Guest mode essentially useless if you want to use the Roku in addition to your Guests. How can I tell the Roku to re-login to all my apps after Guest mode is disabled?

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Exiting Guest Mode: Will I need to re-sign into my subscription channels?

Jump to solution

@jaybpl @Eric-S 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that after you exit Guest Mode, you may need to sign into your subscription channels again to access your content.

For more information about Guest Mode, visit our Support page here: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Eric-S
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Respectfully, I don't believe it is my job to ask VUDU and Netflix when they will support Roku's AAL.

I'm a loyal customer to ROKU.

Please see below quote from support article :https://support.roku.com/article/360021586854 issued a year ago:

What channels support Automatic Account Link

When you have an active subscription and you have already entered your account credentials for one of the channels listed below, Automatic Account Link will automatically sign you in to the channel on your newly activated Roku device.

• Hulu
  • Sling TV
  • Pandora
  • Philo

Note: Additional subscription channels are expected to support Automatic Account Link in the coming months.

MY QUESTION FOR ROKU STAFF:

Since the above article was issued a year ago, what additional subscription channels support AAL? 

If VUDU, Netflix, and Prime have permanently opted out of AAL it essentially makes Guest account useless.  I suspect ROKU knows the answer and just won't admit it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Eric-S
Channel Surfer

Automatic Account Link for Netflix and Vudu

Jump to solution

Anybody have an update on when automatic account link will work with Netflix and Vudu?

I have 5 Roku TV's in our Airbnb all linked to my Roku Account.

It is very convenient to switch them all to guest mode from the linked devices menu under my Account settings.  However, every time I switch the TV's back to Owner's mode from guest mode Netflix and VUDU lose login credentials. It is very tedious logging these accounts back in with the Roku remote on all 5 TV's.

Article here ( https://support.roku.com/article/360021586854 ) advised Pandora and Hulu participated with Auto account link at the initial roll out -- and that other major streaming aps were coming on board in the coming months.  That was 9 months ago!  I'm starting to think Netflix and VUDU will never participate.

At the very minimum, has anyone figured a way to log back in to their premium accounts with a keyboard to speed up the process?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jaybpl @Eric-S 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that after you exit Guest Mode, you may need to sign into your subscription channels again to access your content.

For more information about Guest Mode, visit our Support page here: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eric-S
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Respectfully @RokuDanny-R , you just repeated my question. 

Do you have an update on when Netflix and VUDU will allow automatic account link?

Relogging into Netflix and VUDU on 5 tv's takes almost an hour with a ROKU remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Eric-S 

Thanks for the follow up post.

I currently do not have an update when Netflix and VUDU will allow automatic account link as many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. We would recommend reaching out to those channel providers to inquire when they will be supporting Automatic Account Link on Roku devices.

You can reach their respective Support here:
https://help.netflix.com/en/
https://www.vudu.com/content/support.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eric-S
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Respectfully, I don't believe it is my job to ask VUDU and Netflix when they will support Roku's AAL.

I'm a loyal customer to ROKU.

Please see below quote from support article :https://support.roku.com/article/360021586854 issued a year ago:

What channels support Automatic Account Link

When you have an active subscription and you have already entered your account credentials for one of the channels listed below, Automatic Account Link will automatically sign you in to the channel on your newly activated Roku device.

• Hulu
  • Sling TV
  • Pandora
  • Philo

Note: Additional subscription channels are expected to support Automatic Account Link in the coming months.

MY QUESTION FOR ROKU STAFF:

Since the above article was issued a year ago, what additional subscription channels support AAL? 

If VUDU, Netflix, and Prime have permanently opted out of AAL it essentially makes Guest account useless.  I suspect ROKU knows the answer and just won't admit it.

0 Kudos
mar4jc

Jump to solution

I was not able to figure out how to get Automatic Linking to work, even though I'm on version 9.3. I really did not want to have to arrow through my emails for 25 channels, so I installed the Roku remote app on my phone. You still have to log in to each channel, but you can use voice controls to find your channel and you can use your phone's keyboard and remembered inputs to quickly enter your info.

Beats an hour of logging back in with arrows.

DarthDagger
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Do you have multiple Roku devices that are the same model? If so, use the Roku app to rename one or both for example I ended up having to rename my brand new Roku Streaming Stick+ to”New Roku Streaming Stick+“ but when I first attempted this, I got a pop up message that my account does not match. This message is misleading, after signing in with the same account again and successfully renaming the device all my apps were automatically signed in again. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Eric-S
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 6 tv's assigned to my Roku account at our airbnb.  All with unique names.

My issue is with the "guest account" feature.  It's a great feature.  But when we disable guest account feature when we return to the house, most of the apps are logged out. 

0 Kudos
DarthDagger
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Understood @Eric-S but did you try to see if it gives you that same error (from the other post I linked) if you try to rename the device? You won’t need to rename it just see if it asks you to log into your Roku account.

0 Kudos