Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TripleB2
Level 7

Existing service

We have a Roku tv in our bedroom and a Roku streaming stick in our living room in the place we winter in Florida.  But the other 7 months we are in Indiana.  Since we have a Roku account in Fl are we able to also have one in Our permanent home in Indiana?  I’ve heard mixed answers?..

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Existing service

Thanks for the inquiry, @TripleB2.

Just to verify if I completely understand your inquiry, you would like to use your Roku account from Florida to your Roku device in Indiana, or would you like to use your Roku devices from Florida to your home from Indiana?

In regards to linking your Roku account to multiple devices, that could be possible however please take note that some channels or content availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. Channels and content may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices? | Official Roku Support

If the question is if you can use your Roku device in different places, please note that a Roku device will work in any location.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Existing service

@TripleB2 wrote:

We have a Roku tv in our bedroom and a Roku streaming stick in our living room in the place we winter in Florida.  But the other 7 months we are in Indiana.  Since we have a Roku account in Fl are we able to also have one in Our permanent home in Indiana?  I’ve heard mixed answers?..

As long as you link your Rokus to the same Roku account, they will have access to the same channels. Since both locations are in the US you shouldn't run into regional differences, except possibly for regional sports coverage differences.

Some subscription services provide access to local broadcast stations.  Which locale's stations you get are controlled by the service, not Roku.  You may have to take steps with the service to switch which set of locals you get as you move back and forth.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos