Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mystakill
Channel Surfer

Excessive commercials on AMC Channel

Jump to solution

I installed the AMC channel yesterday to catch up on The Watch.  I’m unable to watch more than a few minutes (~2-3) of the show before the commercials kick in.  Most of the time, it’s a 2:30 block of the exact same 30 minute commercial on repeat.  At least twice during the first episode, I finished one commercial block, watched about 20-30 more seconds of the show, and was forced to watch another commercial block.

That’s absolutely excessive, and far more frequent & longer than AMC’s commercials blocks on DISH.  I don’t know if this is happening due to a bug, or if it’s an intentional move to force people to upgrade to AMC Premier or AMC+.  Regardless, I ended up giving up on catching up on the series through the channel app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Excessive commercials on AMC Channel

Jump to solution

@Mystakill

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's commercials, you'll want to contact AMC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mystakill

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's commercials, you'll want to contact AMC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Lorelei2u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well I have two TCL Roku TV’s but I also watch AMC on my iPad! So jjust to update,  I’m watching the new season of A Discovery of Witch’s, and they’re running “5” of the exact same commercial in a row, sandwiched between 1-2 minutes of programming! I almost wouldn’t mind as much if the commercials were each different but “5” of the exact same one is just unbearable, annoying and boring!!!!

I also pay for this channel through my Cox Cable Company!!!

0 Kudos
Rich7878
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's true but you ever watch anything on PLUTO?  I won't look anymore at that app as for every 8 to 12 minutes they show 90 to 180 seconds of commercials.  It is beyond ridiculous.  I sometimes put the movie on during dinner, so I really am not watching it.  Being the commercials' played I pause the movie right before the end of the movie after I cleaned up my kitchen.  90+ minutes have played so I then rewind it right before the titles and rewatch it.  The commercials are drastically less.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Rich7878

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Please be advised Roku only rents and transmit you to the channel and we have no control over the operation of the channel. Contents and Ads inside the channel are solely handled by our channel partner. We want to make sure your issue will be handled correctly that is why we suggest that you contact their support directly.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please feel welcome to reach out to me with any questions you may have and I would be more than happy to help.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos