Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

@Milkman23

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific channels are you seeing this issue occur? Are there specific titles that this issue happens with? Can you provide the specific steps to reproduce the issue? Are you connected to any external devices aside from your Roku device and TV?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bbarnouw
Channel Surfer

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

Similar problem too.  Typically on my Roku Sticks (both of them) a program starts usually on the SLING App goes black or just jumps to the last commercial break in the middle of programming, then come back at the same spot it jumped off, eventually the program completes, but sometimes it's pushed back as far as 20 mins!  I have noticed this on Sling watching Fox News, and even the NFL channel, where we've seen the same play 2-3 times in a row.  I have also noticed this on PLUTO as well.

0 Kudos
Redkay2
Channel Surfer

I posted this question when I was watching on my roku device but since I got a new roku tv it does not happen.   Just wondering if it is an issue with the stick or device.

0 Kudos
Greyc

Same problem on numerous channels...sling, hulu. Any show or time, doesn't matter.

I have 3 sticks in my house, optimum wifi and no other hookup. It only happens on one stick on any of the tvs. Other sticks do not have this problem. So, I believe it's a roku stick problem for this stick. Funny, it's even one of the newer sticks. 

I hope roku can figure out why some of their sticks do this. It' really annoying.

And the moderator keeps asking what channel and to explain the problem BUT I just did and others did as well. There is obviously some issue with some sticks out there. Should be addressed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Greyc

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information? 
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more specific information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
raggles

I have a TCL TV with Roku included and several other channels. This happens to me just on Roku, not on CNN, Fawesome, Tubi, or anything else.  Just on Roku.  The TV is 4 months old and this has just started happening.  The fault lies with Roku, not with other channels, and not with the individual shows as I was watching a show two nights ago and it started repeating 3 or 4 seconds. I switched it off as it was annoying. (I need the closed captions and they get out of sync.)  I went back to the same show last night and the spot where it was repeating played just fine.  However, it started doing it again further on in the show. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@raggles

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ledwig
Reel Rookie

I'm having this issue with a TCL Roku TV. So far for me it only happens on the Roku Channel. It has been getting progressively worse. Now it won't even finish the show. No matter where I start, it just repeats the same 10 seconds or so over and over. I tried removing the channel, restarting, and reinstalling the channel, but it didn't improve at all. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ledwig

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am getting the same issue. It's doesn't matter 2hat channel or app I am streaming, the issue is constant throughout. It's definitely a Roku issue. It's as if the 10 second rewind button is stuck, but that's not the case. But that's the behavior of the reoccurring issue across all apps and channels.

0 Kudos