Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcollin3
Reel Rookie

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

I found a solution to this problem. I purchased a Netgear modem and turned on dynamic QOS (Quality of Service). This gives streaming video and zoom calls higher priority than other requests. I had a lot of bandwidth (190MBps download) and could not understand the need for it but it solved he problem. I do have 14 different devices in the house but not much going on besides a surfacing on a phone and streaming spectrum. I do have devices such as an Netgear AC1200 extender, Ecobee thermostat, and garage door openers that are on all the time.

I have the Netgear Nighthawk AX4300 that I purchased from Costco for $129. Great deal and better than the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 that I returned to the store although they both solved the problem. The AX4300 was WiFi6, better house coverage, and less expensive.

0 Kudos
WaltG47

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

I have the same/similar problem--CNN, ESPN...whatever. Except that instead of repeating the last 2-5 seconds, the screen goes black momentarily and then the programming repeats the last 10-15 minutes of what was showing prior to when it blacked out. In other words, I get to watch the 3rd quarter of the fgame over and over...and the same news report over and over.  Maddening. If it's a modem problem, why would this start now? (unless my modem is going on the fritz...)  Any thoughts/help?

Have a Roku stick...

RichC

Same problem here. Seems to be only with the Roku channel for me.

RicardoA87
Reel Rookie

I’m having a similar problem with the Roku channel. Every 15 seconds it goes into repeat mode. It repeats one time then continues for another 15 seconds before it repeats the previous 15 seconds. This started a few days ago with occasional repeats until now when it’s become full time!! Really ROkU?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RicardoA87, I don't think you should be blaming Roku.  You've haven't even mentioned what channel/app you're using.  Reboot everything - modem/router and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RicardoA87
Reel Rookie

@renojim The problems occurred on the Roku Channel on the Roku device so, yes it seems that they have some issues to resolve. Fortunately things improved on the next episode and repeats are now intermittent. 

0 Kudos
Redkay2
Channel Surfer

Every channel it get annoying. Is there any fix for it 

0 Kudos
kcollin3
Reel Rookie

You could try logging a support ticket with Roku.   This forum is for self help by other customers.

0 Kudos

No.    For me, this issue has been happening on Pluto, the NBC News channel.  I tried this recommendation which seemed to work for a short time...    10 minutes or less.  Then just back to same.  I do not have Spectrum or any cable service.   Just directly from my CenturyLink router.

0 Kudos
Milkman23

I have the same issue, but only a couple of shows that are on the Roku channel/app. All other channels/apps seem to work fine and even most shows on the Roku channel work, but a few will repeat so many seconds though-out the whole show. Eventually you will see the whole show, but the repeating is irritating to the point we stopped watching that program, but have tried it a few times with same results. . This just started a month or more ago....again only on the Roku and only a couple of shows. We only have streaming and no cable company...just spectrum internet and a Roku devise for streaming the different channels/apps. Any idea what is the problem and how to fix? If this had been on all shows or a different channel/app for example Netflix then I would removed from channel lineup and add back, but this is on Roku and again not on all shows within Roku. Sorry if I repeated myself, but trying to give all details.

0 Kudos