Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

@lindatalbot45 wrote:

I did the above, removing channel, etc.  it worked for a while but for the past few weeks, it is doing it again.  Can’t Roku fix it in an update??

That sounds like it's an issue with a specific channel. No, Roku can't fix that because they don't create the channels on their devices, other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. All other channels are developed by 3rd party developers, and they are the only ones that can resolve issues with their channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
allenjcraft
Reel Rookie

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

For me it was the Spectrum app (streaming TV service), they are my cable provider. I don't see it as a Roku problem as much as a Spectrum problem. I tried the same Spectrum app on Apple TV and it was doing the same thing.  

PJN

I’ve started having same issue, only with Spectrum app. Last few words suddenly repeat, several times an hour.

0 Kudos
lindatalbot45
Reel Rookie

In addition to the repeating, now the picture freezes for a few seconds, then continues, missing those seconds.  Really gets irritating when watching a golf putt stop 3 feet from the hole and then you see it picked up from inside hole, or not.   I’m beginning to think it IS a Spectrum problem. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

I've noticed the (repeating the last few seconds) issue very seldomly and sporadically on different apps - all with and when using ads (and thus ad insertion/injection), though not necessarily during the ads themselves (mostly not).

Its most likely related to one of the middleware ad modules/libraries - there are several that get occasionally (and silently) updated:  The issue either remains unfixed or suffers occasional regression.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, it IS a Spectrum problem. That's something I've never seen occur, and other than this report I've never heard of it with any other channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Edwkramer

It continually happens With CNN on my Roku.

0 Kudos
kcollin3
Reel Rookie

I'm seeing this issue on the Roku Spectrum App as I just purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick+ because the app version on my new smart Samsung does support cloud DVR.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application on Roku and still see this issue on Roku.   

The Spectrum App on Samsung does not repeat the last 2-5 seconds but it does not have cloud DVR capability either.

0 Kudos
oddjobs2do
Binge Watcher

Not only does it freeze and then at some point go back and repeat a scene sometimes every few minutes and sometimes hourly or rarely, but a more prevalent problem is when you arrow over to change the channel nothing happens it lags so you do it again and then it does two steps over. Also when you scroll it pauses and doesn't scroll then it finally starts to scroll but sometimes freezes. And more often than not when you're trying to scroll through channels it will reset and go to channel 3 no matter where you're at.

The spectrum app is garbage and I don't think they care. I've tried to find the issue with the channel changing mentioned above now for months and have been unable I've just started having the repeat problem that everybody else is talking about. I've removed the channel and added it back in and it improves the channel scrolling for only about 10 minutes or one or two tries at changing the channel and then it's right back to it.

0 Kudos

I don’t have spectrum and it is doing the exact same thing to me watching the “Featured Free” from the Roku TV app.