Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwaynebsr

Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

Very regularly programming seems to repeat the last couple of lines of dialogue.  For instance, Last night Colbert walked out and said his first line of dialogue twice in a row.  It probably repeats maybe 3-5 times during a one hour program.  If it gets too bad, we move back to the Spectrum cable box, which is not our first choice.  

48 REPLIES 48
Lakeliving

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

Having the same issue. Ever figure out why and how to fix it? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Every few minutes the programming coming through Roku repeats the last 2-5 seconds.

@Lakeliving 

Thanks for the post.

Is there a specific channel and content that this issue is occurring on?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Uconn

This happens on several different stations - not just one.  NBC, CBS, TBS, etc.

0 Kudos
lindatalbot45
Reel Rookie

I have same issue. Doesn’t matter the channel or show, or commercial.  Doesn’t do it with my Apple tv so it has to be roku. 

allenjcraft
Reel Rookie

I have this very same problem but only with the Spectrum TV app. Which is the only local tv serviced provider we have

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the information.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Callen23

I am getting the same repeat issue and it doesn’t matter what channel I am on, my local channels repeat as well as cable stations. Please advise how to correct this issue very annoying. 

0 Kudos
lindatalbot45
Reel Rookie

I did the above, removing channel, etc.  it worked for a while but for the past few weeks, it is doing it again.  Can’t Roku fix it in an update??

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Callen23 wrote:

I am getting the same repeat issue and it doesn’t matter what channel I am on, my local channels repeat as well as cable stations. Please advise how to correct this issue very annoying. 

But what Roku channel is this occurring with? Is this a channel/app developed by a cable provider to watch their content? Then there's nothing Roku can do about it. It's the channel/app offered by the provider.

But if it's happening on completely separate channels/apps on the Roku, then yes it's possible it's something within the control of Roku. But they need more specific information to know where to begin looking. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos