Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddy22552
Level 7

Eurosport player

Hi,
Im new to Roku but loving my player and the services. Im also a 
complete technophobe.
I have a paid subscription to Eurosport player and would like to watch it through my Roku 1. I know its available as a premium channel through TV Player but understandably I dont want to have to pay twice for the service.
Is there any way I can sideload the app and if so how do I get the eurosport player zip file onto my windows 10 computer?
Sorry if I sound a dimwit but Im only just getting into this IT stuff.

Cheers
Fred
0 Kudos
4 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Eurosport player

You can't. I think the special players that are Roku hardware have the channels actually integrated into their firmware. Roku has pretty much discontinued the side-loading feature as well.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
freddy22552
Level 7

Cheers for the prompt reply.
 I have the eurosport player app on my phone and tablet which I watch on the TV using a HDMI cable and converter. Is there anyway I could cast from them to the ROKU?
I have a Moto G4 and a Hudl 2 and Ive downloaded all screen app but only seems to cast content saved on my devices and not live video streams

Fred
0 Kudos
yatahaze
Level 7

will it work with roku ultra 2017?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"freddy22552" wrote:
Cheers for the prompt reply.
 I have the eurosport player app on my phone and tablet which I watch on the TV using a HDMI cable and converter. Is there anyway I could cast from them to the ROKU?
I have a Moto G4 and a Hudl 2 and Ive downloaded all screen app but only seems to cast content saved on my devices and not live video streams

Fred

If your phone or tablet are Android based, then yes you can cast to the Roku (depending on the Roku model). I don't know off hand what models support casting, but I know my Ultra and Sharp TV both do.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos