Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Risco
Level 7

Eurosport player - Crash Prime Video

Just signed up for this to watch Australian Open as soon as I open it inside Prime Video it crash back to Amazon home screen.

Tried on Apple TV and it is fine. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Eurosport player - Crash Prime Video

"Risco" wrote:
Just signed up for this to watch Australian Open as soon as I open it inside Prime Video it crash back to Amazon home screen.

Tried on Apple TV and it is fine. Any ideas?

What did Amazon say when you contacted them about the Roku app they build exhibiting this behavior? Your last issue (which concluded with you declaring you were returning the Roku because of an issue with the Amazon app) was, well, also about the Amazon app. The Amazon app, as you have found (or should have concluded), is sometimes problematic outside the U.S. You should start with Amazon.

If you do want to try something right now, remove the app, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app. Do all those steps, and do them in that order. Any other order is wrong. That will partially remove the app (the remove part), clear out any remaining data about the app (the reboot part), then begin with a clean install of the app (the reinstall part). The order is important.

That's not to say that'll fix the issue. But, if something about the app and its associated data on your particular device is corrupted in some way, that would resolve that.

Failing that, contact Amazon.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Eurosport player - Crash Prime Video

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing! Sorry to hear about the issue in that channel. 

If removing the Amazon Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen, restarting your device, then adding the channel back to your device once more isn't resolving the issue, you'll want to reach out to Amazon Prime Video support to report the issue within their channel. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel publisher, including all content delivery/management inside the channel. 

Please feel free to PM me with more specific details about the issue you observed & content affected, including the time/date you observed the issue, along with your Roku player serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll help forward the feedback to the appropriate party. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos