Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Established Channel locked out, cannot get new activation code

Hello... I have a Roku 3 4200X since 2016. A channel I use almost daily is suddenly asking for a new activation code, but Roku only shows XXXXXX. It will not refresh for another activation code. I checked the website of the channel and everything seems fine there, but it will not recognize XXXXXX. When I ask Roku for a new code, it says "Loading" on the screen but it keeps spinning. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 12

Re: Established Channel locked out, cannot get new activation code

Someone who knows more may correct me, but I assume most of these channel activations happen totally within the channel provider's app and server.  Ie: when I activated amazon prime, the link was to an amazon URL.  I don’t think Roku was involved at all.  As such, I think the fact that you got unlinked, and can't relink may all be due to a server problem at whoever this is. 

0 Kudos