Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to boot CNBC Live. Message said to drop customer service a note

Error message when trying to boot CNBC Live. Message said to drop customer service a note. Well hear is the note. I have made many attempts to open up the CNBC live app and Roku says that I am connected but it still kicks me out and gives me an error occurrence message Please help. Thank you in advance. #@ 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
romig
Reel Rookie

CNBC is not starting and other issues with the channel

My CNBC app is not working for five days now.  After showing CNBC logo, it switches to a blue screen and stays there.  Not even asking for a provider login.  I tried clearing cache, resintalling the app, restarting the device and even doing a factory reset on my Roku Ultra - same blue screen.  Not sure whther the issue is on the ROku or CNBC side, because all other apps are working fine.
I had issues with login to CNBC for six month now because of the daily request for relogging with my provider (Hotwire Communications).  It goes through the process, asks me to pick my provider and then authorizes without even asking for user name andpassword.  Every single day!  I wrote to CNBC support and their answer has been consistent - they are working on it!  A typical case whennobody is accessible to take responsibility and the lead to have the issue resolved.  ANd the junior stuff at the gate are not capable to understand that this inability to address a matter for a long time damages the brand reputaion. I would appreciate some guidance if someone was able to resolve these issues.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Error message when trying to boot CNBC Live. Message said to drop customer service a note

Hey @wabipenache @romig 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart, specifically in that order.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
romig
Reel Rookie

Re: CNBC is not starting and other issues with the channel

Yes, I tried numerous times to restart the device after delition of the CNBC (the only not working channel) befre re-installing.  I even tried restoring ROKU to factory settings.  No difference. CNBC is not acting on my messages to them. Not sure what lse can I do.  I would like to do some sort of hard reset as if I would have gotten a new device, but not sure there is  way besides the option to reset to factory settings.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@romig

Thanks for the response.

Since you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
romig
Reel Rookie

I figured out what was wrong. The channel is asking to log in, and gives an alfanumeric code to be authorized through CNBC activation process.  When I do that, the activation stated as successful but I was never taken to the provider to enter my credentials, that were actually changed.  The problem was in the cache that needed to be cleaned on my laptop used to perform authorization.  Once I cleaned it, I was taken to the provider page, entered my credentials and Bingo, the channel started working on Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@romig

Thanks for the update. 

We're glad to hear that the matter has been resolved. We appreciate your effort in doing the steps in resolving and keeping us posted as this will also help others who might have the issue same issue in the further. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos