Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabby2311
Level 8

Error message when adding Pureflix channel

Jump to solution

I keep trying to add Pureflix on my Roku Express but it continues to give me an error message. I have tried to add directly in the Roku device, in my account on a computer and I even tried downloading the Roku app and tried through there, but nothing. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gabby2311
Level 8

Re: Error message when adding Pureflix channel

Jump to solution

You have to have a credit card as payment in order to download, it cannot be with PayPal. Once you update cc info it will download. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Nataleedw
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m also having the same problem please let me know if you figure it out.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you have a payment method set up in your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/index?

Others have reported the installation fails if you have no Roku payment method established. 

Pure supposition on my part, but based on the above, I'm guessing that Pureflix set up their account with a payment required, but then set the value at $0.00.  Even though the amount is zero this may be enough to prevent an installation to an account with no payment method established.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
Gabby2311
Level 8

Jump to solution

I do have a payment method, but let me try changing it to see if it works. Thank you for the suggestion. 

0 Kudos
Gabby2311
Level 8

Jump to solution

You have to have a credit card as payment in order to download, it cannot be with PayPal. Once you update cc info it will download. 

0 Kudos
Gabby2311
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help @makaiguy !! 

0 Kudos
Brian_Lindsey
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue on two different Rokus. I have talked with Pureflix and roku and neither seem to be able to help. This is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Brian_Lindsey, did you read the thread?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @Brian_Lindsey

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Some customers have reported that changing or updating your account's payment method resolves the issue; therefore, we suggest you give it a shot.

Feel free to visit this Support article for instructions: How do I update the payment method for my Roku® account?

If after attempting the suggestion above, you are still unable to add the channel, you can try installing it from our website by clicking this link. Once done, run a software update on your Roku device for the channel to show up on your home screen. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos