Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KikiLeChat
Level 7

Error message "Could not add channel"

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 3050x - Roku 2XD.

When I try to add free channel BodyFX I get error message "Could not add channel".

I have deleted other channels & I have restarted my Roku. I have perused the questions here but have not found the answer.

Help please if you can! 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: Error message "Could not add channel"

Jump to solution

The Roku 2 XD model 3050 was introduced in 2011 and retired in 2013. Roku dropped support for the device a few years ago, as it's not capable of running the latest software. It may be time to replace it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

View solution in original post

makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Your Roku is a very early model that lacks some of the capabilities added in newer models.  Many channels, especially the newer ones, write their channel apps to use the capabilities of the models currently supported by Roku and can't be installed on models without these capabilities.

Some channels provide information re which Roku models they wrote their channel apps to be compatible with, but I've not been able to find this info on the Body FX website or elsewhere on the 'net.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Jump to solution

The Roku 2 XD model 3050 was introduced in 2011 and retired in 2013. Roku dropped support for the device a few years ago, as it's not capable of running the latest software. It may be time to replace it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@KikiLeChat wrote:

When I try to add free channel BodyFX I get error message "Could not add channel".

I have deleted other channels & I have restarted my Roku. I have perused the questions here but have not found the answer.

Help please if you can! 

@KikiLeChat wrote:

Help please if you can!

Keep in mind that third party apps are not owned, managed or maintained by Roku. The most likely reason that channel cannot be added is because it is not or is no longer available on the Roku platform. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Your Roku is a very early model that lacks some of the capabilities added in newer models.  Many channels, especially the newer ones, write their channel apps to use the capabilities of the models currently supported by Roku and can't be installed on models without these capabilities.

Some channels provide information re which Roku models they wrote their channel apps to be compatible with, but I've not been able to find this info on the Body FX website or elsewhere on the 'net.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

Always check the compatibility of what channels  are compatible with certain Roku models. Older models are not compatible with newer channels.  

0 Kudos