Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Error codes on Netflix. [ ui-800-3 (10400140) ]

Jump to solution

Hi.

I've started to have issues connecting to Netflix via my Roku. Other apps work fine. YouTube, ITV Hub, BBC, etc.  However when starting the Netflix app I keep getting the error

"Netflix has encountered an error, Retrying in X seconds. ui-800-3 (10400140)"

I have another similar Roku box on another TV and that works perfectly.

I have restarted my router and Roku box (several times) and done a factory reset on the Roku and the problem is still there.

If I click on more details it is displaying the following message:-

"Couldn't connect to Netflix. Please try again or restart your home network and streaming device. (Done this several times with no success!!!) For more information, visit Netflix.com/nethelp. Code: nw-4-8"

When you run the connection test says OK.

Info

Model:- 3900EU - Roku Express.

Serial No:- YG0094476738.

Software Version:- 9.3.0 - build 4170-51

As I say I have a similar Roku device on another TV and that works fine. This one just stopped connecting to Netflix.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error codes on Netflix. [ ui-800-3 (10400140) ]

Jump to solution

@DampDog 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Netflix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error codes on Netflix. [ ui-800-3 (10400140) ]

Jump to solution

@DampDog 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Netflix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos