Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Error code RLP 999 - something went wrong try again later

I have a Roku Premiere and have issues daily of it dropping internet connection.  When I test the connection it says good, the device is 2 feet from our router.  Our router is the latest Spectrum offers (as of last week when I check with Spectrum).  We have no other connection issues in the house with smart TV's or with our other ROKU connected TV in the basement, which is also a ROKU premiere (which is also far away from the router).  I have rebooted several times and still get the error code. 

Any suggestions?

Also the ROKU I am posting about does not see the 5G network, I cannot tell if this device supports 5G, does anyone know? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error code RLP 999 - something went wrong try again later

@ferguson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The error that you are reporting is an error code related to the Spectrum TV Channel, and not from the Roku device.

For more information about this error code, you can visit the Spectrum support page here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/troubleshooting-error-codes-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom/

I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

TLDR; if you are using a Netgear router with Armor security enabled, disable it and the Spectrum TV app should work again.

For the past week I had the same issue with the Spectrum TV app as well on all of my Roku players and the couple TCL-Roku TVs we have. I got pretty pushy with Spectrum support because everything else on my internal network was working and streaming fine whether hard-wired or on Wifi through our Roku players. We were constantly getting the RLP-1999 and RLP-999 error codes and buffering whenever we tried to use the app. This all started around the Fri. 1/22 to Sat. 1/23 timeframe. Prior to that everything worked great for us.

I got fed up with waiting for it to clear up by itself after rebooting my router and cable modem multiple times, removing and re-adding the Roku app, and gradually shutting down computers and devices on my network to see if I had a malfunctioning device. On Wed. 1/26 I was talking to a Spectrum tech via chat and pushed them to submit a ticket since none of the typical scripted items they want to go through I had already completed with no success. I made sure that they included my error codes in the ticket as well.

I finally got a voicemail from a Spectrum Support person this Friday 1/31 that said there is a known issue with the Spectrum Roku app and Netgear routers with the Armor Security add-on feature enabled. The tech said I needed to disable Armor and the app should function as normal. What seemed odd about this was that I never told Support initially that I am running any Netgear router, but as luck would have it I am running Netgear Orbi so I logged in and disabled Armor and the Spectrum app now works.

What I am not happy about is that I have to lessen my security in order to watch my TV since all we have is streaming service through Spectrum. I still have to follow back up with Spectrum support to see when this issue will be resolved so that Armor can be re-enabled on my Netgear Orbi setup.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

TLDR; if you are using a Netgear router with Armor security enabled, disable it and the Spectrum TV app should work again.

I got a voicemail from a Spectrum Support person this Friday 1/31 that said there is a known issue with the Spectrum Roku app and Netgear routers with the Armor Security add-on feature enabled. The tech said I needed to disable Armor and the app should function as normal. What seemed odd about this was that I never told Support initially that I am running any Netgear router, but as luck would have it I am running Netgear Orbi so I logged in and disabled Armor and the Spectrum app now works.

What I am not happy about is that I have to lessen my security in order to watch my TV since all we have is streaming service through Spectrum. I still have to follow back up with Spectrum support to see when this issue will be resolved so that Armor can be re-enabled on my Netgear Orbi setup.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This just started on my Roku tv, spectrum isp, and I also have an Orbi. However, I do not use the Armor and never have.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos