Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Re: Error code 403, trying to access AMC Plus programs

Jump to solution

I am not sure about your question, but, please refer to my post which contains a verbatim response from AMC+ customer service on the acknowledgement and fix of 403 error: 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/I-keep-getting-error-code-403-when-t...

Which, BTW, and IMHO, was lifted by AMC Plus from eggwhites57 answer that was annotated as the solution to this thread.

0 Kudos
eggwhites57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure I answered your post or not.  One of my roku devices has a slightly different menu.  Under roku settings go to privacy, then advertising then make sure the personalized ads box IS checked.  this will hopefully solve your problem.

eggwhites57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Some software has a slightly different menu.  Under Roku settings go to privacy, then advertising, then make sure personalized ads box IS checked.  Hopefully that will solve your problem.

1BC1

Jump to solution

I have been on Roku TV cannot just turn off everything do I just unplug it all or turn off the plug-in and turn it on in 15 seconds? Because it is doing it on all the TVs but it is not doing it on my cell phone. I can view everything on my cell phone I do not want to watch on a small screen I want to watch on my flat screen.

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pls go to the 1st page of this thread and scroll down to the post marked as a solution as posted by user eggwhites57 and follow the instructions.

0 Kudos
Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Reach out to eggwhites57. 

eggwhites57
Level 8

a week ago
Re: I keep getting error code 403 when trying to access any program on AMC PLUS

I had the same problem.  I finally fixed it by going into settings, then privacy, then advertising, then made sure limit ad tracking was unchecked.  I  reset the advertising identifier, then restarted the roku.  Didn't even have to remove and reinstall the AMC+ app.  Hope it works for you

0 Kudos
Recapper64
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I fixed mine before this post. I had done the factory reset posted by smcsmc727 and it worked.

What a pain I wish eggwhites57 had found it sooner.

Feel free to copy and paste in in reply post that is what I am doing

eggwhites57
Level 8

a week ago
Re: I keep getting error code 403 when trying to access any program on AMC PLUS

I had the same problem.  I finally fixed it by going into settings, then privacy, then advertising, then made sure limit ad tracking was unchecked.  I  reset the advertising identifier, then restarted the roku.  Didn't even have to remove and reinstall the AMC+ app.  Hope it works for you

0 Kudos
ERNIE-416

Jump to solution

It WORKED! I thought I was good, but you are BRILLIANT. Who the **bleep** are you? Thank you!
-Ernie

0 Kudos
MasterMind
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has been RESOLVED in latest AMCPLUS app release.

You don’t need to uncheck privacy settings as long as u have v1.1.2  

To find ver in app go to Settings|Help. If not 1.1.2 goto Roku Settings|System|System Update and Check Now.

005AD334-8AD3-4A83-8481-ACAA0808944F.jpeg

0 Kudos
matzoballs
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

UPDATE:   PROPERLY FIXED APX 2 WEEKS AGO . AMC / ROKU LISTENED & RESPONED. GOOD JOB

0 Kudos