Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salk

Xfinity Stream Beta app not working, error 500

Jump to solution

Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku Streaming Stick+ isn't working the past 2 days. Xfinity support tested all connection and setting on there end, seems all okay.

What could go wrong or why I cant stream only the Xfinity Beta App on Roku Streaming Stick+? All other Apps work fine. Error 500 appears all the time.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app not working, error 500

Jump to solution

@Salk 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Xfinity Error:-500 solution on roku streaming sticks

Jump to solution

xfinity stream beta down on multiple roku, ipad and iphone devices.

solution:

1)  disconnect coax cable from modem/router

2)  power cycle modem/router

3)  reconnect coax cable

all devices now working

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

We see LOTS of complaints here about the the app Xfinity supplied for Roku.

When problems are confined to one channel app, there is a chance the channel installation has been corrupted and it needs to be replaced with a fresh install.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Salk 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ja2661

Jump to solution

I'm having problems with a roku 3 - I have used it for the Xfinity Streaming app, but more and more it is taking too long to load, buffering, timing out and giving an error message -500. 

Seems to lose wifi even though it is 10' away from the router.  I have reset to factory and did not help. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ja2661 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Staceeey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried these steps, still getting error -500. I should also point out that after reinstalling it does not even prompt me for my xfinity login, which it should after deleting and reinstalling the app. Help! This has been going on for days...

JC10

Jump to solution

Same problem here. I’ve tried to solve and keep getting Error 500

Staceeey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally got it fixed! I saw in the Xfinity forum that someone had luck by using the Phone app for Roku, then deleting the Xfinity beta app via the Phone app.Then reinstall the Xfinity app still using your phone app. Then I got prompted to use a device to punch in the code that suddenly appeared on my tv screen at xfinity.com/activate. Hope this works for You. 

BellaMia

Jump to solution

I am getting an error code -500 when trying g to open my Xfinity app on my Roku tv. I never had issues before. I’ve tried everything. Please help.

0 Kudos
bherold35

Jump to solution

I am too and cannot get anyone at Xfinity to understand.  The latest rep told me to just wait.. its been 4 days!