Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyMoxie
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus Roku error 'content unavailable'

Jump to solution

I had to uninstall the Sling app and reinstall it a couple weeks ago because it wouldn't load. Sling helped with it and said Roku did a big update and now requires more space. So, I had to delete a lot of channels.

Now the Paramount channel I pay for keeps buffering and won't load. It says 'content is not available try again later' and there is no technical support for Paramount or Roku. If I continue to have all these issues I will look at other options. You deleted my purchase history as well! Very poor service. And you are not showing who you are taking $35 for.......You really need to fix these issues.

You are becoming like straight talk. Take the money but offer no customer service or technical support, just a place for all your unhappy paying customers to vent with no resolution. Not a good way to do "business".

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

@dragonboots2005 @toeachtheirown

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Paramount+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
135 REPLIES 135
Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Add me to the list.  Paramount plus stopped working on either Tuesday 9/28/21 or Wednesday 9/29/21 .  Had watched other programs before then and it had worked.  Tried the reload and reboot fix no luck. Have written to Paramount plus.  Does anyone know if Paramount Plus did an update or are they just having probems?

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have problems during the ad breaks and it says 'content not avalable' with a blue 'ok' button that does not work.  I have to finish the ep on my laptop when I'd rather watch with Roku on my 40" tv.  No help from Paramount and as we all know Roku is near impossible to reach.  Will have to cancel if it don't get resolved.  I can only click 'video won't play' so many times when I press * on my remote

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

still an issue on mine as of 10/15.  will be forced to cancel if they don't fix it soon.  I pay a year at a time but they are not getting my $60 if this keeps up

Jaloder

Re: Paramount Plus issue with ads OCTOBER 2021

Jump to solution

Happening for me on Paramount + TV app only, and only on live local channel.  "Error Code CS-1200 Unfortunately an error occurred during playback.  Please try again later."  I've tried uninstall, reset, etc.  cannot resolve.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @dragonboots2005 @Jaloder

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku? Did you restart your device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's a Roku issue but you guys make it so friggin' hard to contact you.  The peacock app also has issues but you guy won't listen to us - you tell us to contact the app.  

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I cancelled.  Sent multiple emails & phone calls to Paramount and still have a problem with the ad breaks stopping everything & won't go back to my tv show.  I'm done.  Most of the stuff I watched is free on the CBS app anyways(something I learned a few days ago by looking at it).  SO F U Paramount!

Lyrlen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I wrote to paramount who wrote back. This is the fix they gave.  Remove paramount from Roku .  Unplug roku. I like to give at least 5 minutes. Plug Roku back in.  Download current version of Paramount.  For me it least it fixed the problem

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So here it is over a month later and the problem is not fixed.  Paramount+ don't seem to help and you can't contact Roku because they VERY OBVIOUSLY avoid direct contact with their customers.  If a Roku rep read this may I suggest this:  GET WITH PARAMOUNT AND YOU TWO WORK OUT BECAUSE THE APP HAS AN ISSUE WHEN IT GOES TO THE ADS.  I'm tired of hearing do this do that unplug this stand on your head upside down etc etc. - YOU GUYS WORK IT OUT.  And Roku you need a better way for us to contact you - this is bull using a stupid ass forum to reach you.  Cowards.  End rant.