Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella21889
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't run channel because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Same here is the semi fix I found. I uninstalled the channels, then logged into Roku on my computer or phone and added the channels back to my device that way. This made all of channels work again except for the ones that had updates this month. Unfortunately this includes Hulu, Pluto tv, and peacock for myself

0 Kudos
User0515

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I’m also having This issue. Originally it was peacock and sling that were effected. I followed the steps here and peacock came back but sling is still giving me the error message. 

0 Kudos
Bella21889
Channel Surfer

Could not reinstall from the network: semi fixed but an issue with Roku updates

Jump to solution

So all of my channels stopped working. The message says the channels could not be installed from the network. I checked my internet which was just fine. I then removed and added the channels back and nothing. I tried Roku support for 4 hours only to keep being disconnected by the agent once it was my turn in que. After hours of digging this is what I found: I had to uninstalled the channels, then log into Roku on my computer or phone and add the channels back to my device that way. This made all of channels work again except for the ones that had updates this month. Unfortunately this includes Hulu, Pluto tv, and peacock for myself. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with Roku not supporting any updates. Can anyone else verify or does Roku Support have an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Susiestrong5
Reel Rookie

Re: Only 2 channels work after after new remote paired

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with some channels and not others. I’ve tried everything too. I can’t locate any help either. Frustrating 

0 Kudos
Bella21889
Channel Surfer

Re: Only 2 channels work after after new remote paired

Jump to solution

Same. here is the semi fix I found. I uninstalled the channels, then logged into Roku on my computer or phone and added the channels back to my device that way. This made all of channels work again except for the ones that had updates this month. Unfortunately this includes Hulu, Pluto tv, and peacock for myself.

Julie44
Reel Rookie

Re: No Channels Working Except Netflix

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. Netflix is good. I finally got the Roku channel to work but I can’t get Peacock to work the odd part is my bedroom tv loads everything fine and so does the app on my phone. I updated everything I could think of restarted the tv an Roku but no luck with Peacock so frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Can no longer load sling TV on roku express+

Jump to solution

Yesterday, my roku express+ worked fine with no issues. Today, it will not open sling tv. I get an error that says "can't run channel. Sling TV could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from your network. Please check your network connection and try again.". 

My network connection is perfectly fine.  Other channels (with one or two exceptions) load just fine. I have tried removing the channel and adding it back, checking for system updates, I even factory reset my roku express+ and started over - but sling will still not open, and I get the same error message every time. I am at a loss at what to do from here.

0 Kudos
byoungmn

Re: YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

Model: 3930RW - Roku Express

Serial Number: X00400161GKY (S00920461GKY)

SOFTWARE VERSION: 10.0.0 • BUILD 4209-AE

TIMESTAMP: 2120-09-15T02:48:23Z

ISSUE ID: KY-370-248

From the Home screen I am navigating to the YouTube icon and press Ok, I then get the error message: "Can't run channel", 'YouTube', could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.  Please check your network connection and try again.'

I reset my router, checking both system and app for updates, did a hard restart by unplugging and plugging back in.  Checked my internet speed, is reporting 101mbps dow n stream/10 up stream.

0 Kudos
richx431

Re: YouTube not working on ROKU

Jump to solution

None of the solutions are working to get the youtube app to work.

i have a 3930rw with software ver 10.0 build 4209ae

issue id 39-370-275

youtube 2.21 build 94005087

0 Kudos
Hjnutt

Re: Can't run channel because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I’ve tried it all and only Netflix works Hulu and YouTube are still giving me trouble. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos