Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

Hope this helps.

I saw a fix from a user to change the "Theme" and the "Screensaver" and it worked.

So I changed mine, and it worked.

Try that and hopefully you will have the same results.

Tom A.

upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Tom A., 

Do you have a roku express and this worked? I don't think changing the theme and screen saver works for the roku express models.

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R is the contact. It seems a lot of folks are fixed and they are still trying to learn why others are not. 

If you can provide the data from your device as requested earlier in the thread, it can help.

In the mean time, try changing to different themes and screensavers. Try a couple of different ones, simple and complex. It seems that making that change causes some internal information to reset to the correct value.

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not sure of the models, but I have 2 of them. One in the bedroom attached to the bottom of my TV hanging on a mount from the ceiling like a hospital does.

The other one I am not using right now, it does go in my Motor Home when I south for the winter.

Here are picks of both. I names the "Bedroom..." and "Not Used..."

Hopefully this will help.Bedroom Looking up at bottomBedroom Looking up at bottomBedroom FrontBedroom FrontBedroom RemoteBedroom RemoteNot used Front & RemoteNot used Front & RemoteNot used bottomNot used bottom

0 Kudos
MKnCO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Tom,

Somehow, some way, this worked for me! Thank you so much for giving me the specifics on the theme/screensaver. Crossing my fingers that it stays working! There's a lot of sports coming up that we'll want to be watching!

0 Kudos
TA06
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Hoping to get a response/solution to this issue:

Model: 3810RW-Roku Streaming Stick +

Serial #: YHOODJ927730

Software version: 10.0.0-Build 1409-50

Device ID: C2397D927730

Apple TV: version 7.0 build 126

Prime Video: version 12.0 build 2021090212

Youtube TV: 2.21 build 94005570

Youtube: 2.21 build 94005087

Screenshot of error messages for all above listed channels. 

20211004_234254.jpg

I hope to receive feedback or help soon! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Change the screensaver and theme a few different times, that seems to fix something in the code that makes it work for some users. Also be sure you have the latest software updates.

0 Kudos
Dusty1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My channels started working again...I tried all the tips but still nothing, until I unplugged my tv for a few minutes. After plugging it back in each channel updated and worked. Hoping it lasts. Thanks for sharing all the info.

Dusty

0 Kudos
Shufs0623
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this issue when I try to get to YouTube but not with other channels since 10/3. It is saying cannot reinstall and I've gone through all of the suggested fixes. 

Roku TV 7202X

Sharp LC-50LBU591U

YN00U9656227

Software: 10.0.0 build 4209-38

Issue id: 27-400-047

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hope this helps.

I saw a fix from a user to change the "Theme" and the "Screensaver" and it worked.

So I changed mine, and it worked. Others I have sent this to also report that it worked.

Try that and hopefully you will have the same results.

Tom A.

0 Kudos