Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cincytk
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I did all the steps for the supposed solution....TWICE.  Including deleting cache memory, deleting and reinstalling Sling. 

It still will not launch.   This is 3 days now with no Sling TV.     Please fix this issue or you will lose thousands of Roku owners.  I am about to ditch my Roku for another device if this continues through today

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Still having problems with Roku playback as of 9/16/2021

Jump to solution

@cincytk wrote:

I did the above twice and Sling still wont launch.  Roku support is non existent on this 

Unfortunately Roku's "solution" was a very limited partial workaround at best, thus requiring additional workarounds that dont always work in every app install scenario.

Regardless, I am able to get Sling TV to load (after making it fail to load) if:

1) Restore default theme

2) Set Roku digital clock as screensaver

Also, Factory Reset does work as well (though be careful about changing themes/screensavers afterwards of course).

Otherwise, push Roku CS on this:

chat/email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

phone:   (816) 272-8106 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Neflix and YouTube are an issue, app starts an then closes, tried software update, don't get an error apps just don't fully start. Tried uninstall then reinstall and still not working 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

I did the software update listed in the notice on Wednesday but it did not resolve my issue, both Netflix and YouTube app start but immediately close. I have uninstalled them and reinstall them. I have a week old TLC Roku TV with no customization other then adding channels and my software was already up-to-date.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@700 

Try the 4 steps in the post above yours (though it may not work with a Roku TV).

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has been going on for weeks. Ran an update today 09/17/2021.  Said it updated 2 items. Still can't run Sling, gave me network error... yet I can run Hulu and Netflix... network error is NOT the problem. I can't get a number to call .  This irritates me... my next option is cancellation of both my Blue and Orange subscription. Very poor service options except reading the whole internet and still no solution.  Worst customer service.  If have to cancel... I will inform everyone, everywhere I can.  Ridiculous not to be able to reach someone. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@alfonsi4 

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

This is a workaround, not a solution (which can only come from Roku in the form of a firmware update).

0 Kudos
desertgirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Checked for updates.... No updates found. Last update June 28, 2020

Never changed the default theme

Never added a screensaver

Removed & reinstalled YT

STILL SAME ISSUE

0 Kudos
NeilJoe

Jump to solution

I just got off a chat with Roku because of this issue. I was not able to launch YouTube TV or YouTube. I deleted YTTV thinking I would just reload it. It has disappeared from the Roku store. I WAS able to update YT, which now works again. My chat rep told me that YouTube (Google) removed YTTV from the store. AND that we will be able to access YTTV through YT. That function is not yet there, but it will supposedly be in the menu bar on the left. In the meantime, we are watching YTTV on our computers. 

0 Kudos