Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathycreates445
Reel Rookie

Re: One of my channels will not load

Jump to solution

Hi Chicago 

over the summer I had the issue, I googled the issue and found out that Google/Apple TV are having a disagreement with Roku. Roku won’t allow the YouTube app to be reinstalled if you uninstall it.They removed it from the store but some say it went back in the store but it still won’t reinstall. I tried the Amazon fire stick and it was really messed up I wouldn’t recommend it but a week later my YouTube started playing on the Roku again and I haven’t had a problem since but I have not uninstalled it I did it once in the summer and then it was recommended do not uninstall it and it seem to work. I have an iPhone and some forms say that I can mirror it from my iPhone to the TV, I’m certainly not that high-tech but I’d search Google instead of looking here and or any other search engine and see what you can find even if that thing was settled about them not wanting to work together hope you figure it out

0 Kudos
Arrowhigh
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others - Solved Problem (not pretty)

Jump to solution

Another ROKU user began deleting channels and when they got to 4 channels the problem stopped.  I began deleting channels and when I got down to 15 channels the problems stopped.  I wish I had been more patient and diligent in deleting channels.  I suspect it is related to a specific channel being deleted.  I was having trouble loading YouTube, YouTube TV, and Amazon Prime.  I didn't try everything.  Beware... do not delete YouTube or YouTube TV as the applications are no longer available (according to another user).

0 Kudos

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue... YouTube, sling, and Amazon prime all say that they cannot be reinstalled on the network but I can go onto my Old Roku 2 and watch videos perfectly fine besides it being being slow and my dad has the exact same model of the Roku express that isn't working but his is perfectly fine... I have restarted the roku multiple times, deleted and reinstalled the channel, deleted few apps but I only have 10 to begun with, I even unplugged it for about 3-4 hrs before plugging it back in... I only really watch YouTube so Idk what to do

0 Kudos
Kristiv
Reel Rookie

Cannot run channels, prime, Hulu. HBO max

Jump to solution

I am unable to run a handful of channels. I will either get a message that says the channel cannot be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network or on some channels I get a message saying the channel cannot be run because there is not enough space and I have to remove channels to make more space.

I have tried all the trouble shooting. Checking for system updates, checking my network connection, restarting my network connection etc. Nothing's working. I'm unable to watch prime video, Hulu and HBO Max among others. I can watch Netflix.

0 Kudos
Perks007

Re: Exactly how many days will it take to resolve YouTube issue

Jump to solution

I left comcast because they had the worst customer service....Now I'm dealing with the same thing with Google and Roku.  Neither will take responsibility for something not working and now you have to jump through hoops to access the app.

0 Kudos
Tnt17

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Oops! You cannot remove the YoutubeTV app because Roku and YT are in a war since May 2021 and the app has been removed from the Channel Store. They sent out a few emails about it. Anyway, there is a workaround. Open regular Youtube if and when you can and go all the way down on the left side. There will be a Go To YoutubeTV option. You will have to sign in the first time but then you are in for the future times. At this time both apps are down for me but if you still have Youtube use that. Good Luck!!!

0 Kudos

Suddenly getting 'space and network reinstall errors' with my roku device.

Jump to solution

I was watching prime video and an hour later when I went back to my prime video it said it couldn't reinstall from the network.  We did all the troubleshooting and then it started tell us we didn't have enough room to re install prime video.  After deleting the few channels we had it continued to go back and forth between the 2 errors! 

Help please! I pay for the services and the device so I should be able to use it!!

0 Kudos
Tayylahh0305
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

This is happening to me as well but for Sling TV. Oddly enough our Roku TVs (2 others in our house) are completely fine. I’ve tried all the fixes and there’s still something going on. We only had 40 channels so I deleted a lot but that didn’t help.

Roku can you assist or give insight? 

Myseca99

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with sling any YouTube but I have the new roku box in the living room and they are working just fine. It has to have something to do with roku itself and the type of box we are trying to use not the app. @@Roku can you please fix this!!!!

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Deleting channels down to 14, setting screensaver to clock, clearing cache... all got you tube to work but not sling. Where is Roku support during all this. WTF

0 Kudos