Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB25
Channel Surfer

Re: Channels won’t connect despite strong connection

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the majority of Roku apps. I pay for Youtube TV and can't get it as of 9/13/21, nor can I get Youtube, or any other app/channels-not even Roku channels! My connection is excellent and I get the same message for 95% of all the apps regarding "could not be run because it could not be rein stalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again."

The issue started with Youtube and now the majority of apps are not launching. The only one that still launches for me is Netflix, well, for now. This is so messed up. They, Roku, have a message posted that they are aware of the issue and not to contact customer support-I'm paraphrasing. They are certainly not good at customer service nor customer support.

I used to really like my Roku device and had planned on purchasing more for my home TVs. I even recommended it to friends and family. However, given the issues I have experienced over the last few days, I have changed my mind and plan to investigate other streaming devices. I pulled the plug on cable for this nonsence. I'm so dissapointed with Roku as I don't believe that I have had my device for a year as yet.

Well, in the meantime, I hope they fix whatever the issue is as it appears to be on their end.

0 Kudos
Bugged58

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I have the same message on all channels except Netflix. I have checked my network connection, (all good there) I have performed the software updates, (all up to date) I have restarted the router, and my roku express and still nothing works.

Carol7013
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't run channel because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Having same issues as others since Tuesday morning. I have two TVs both with Roku Streaming Sticks. The Roku sticks are linked and wondering if that is my issue.

I got YouTube working on one TV by removing and reinstalling the YouTube app from that TV. YouTube TV also works as do other apps on this TV. However, while I can load YouTube on on second TV, it does not run and the the "Can't run...." error. If I remove YouTube from this TV, it removes from the first TV. 

Roku, please fix and please re-add the YouTube TV app as many of us pay good money to use both your services and are now stuck. 

0 Kudos
JHKW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Bugged58 

Not sure if my solution is helpful for all devices or just for the lower-capacity Roku devices like mine (I have a one year old Roku Express+), but here's my experience.

I have a Roku Ultra that worked just fine, but just in the past few days I could not play my YouTube TV, YouTube or Spotify apps via my Express+. (I'm not sure if this is germane, but these 3 happened to be my 3 most used apps.) Unlike some users, I was not getting a prompt indicating a space problem. The fail prompt I saw said "could not be reinstalled from the network".  Ultimately I found that resetting the Roku theme to the default corrected it. 

More specifically, I previously was using the Aquarium Life screensaver. Through trial and error I found that by deselecting that one and choosing a different screensaver made everything work fine again. The easiest way to do this is to first pick the default theme pack; then, test-drive another screensaver if you want something different. Every single time I rechose Aquarium Life, I encountered the very same fail. And once I chose a different screensaver, all 3 worked just as they should.

Hope this helps. I know how frustrating this channel downtime was for me, so good luck!
john2288
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku NOT playing Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

3931RW    (I have three 3931 - this is happening to all of them. Just with the YouTube app)

X004004LSGXF

S012298LSGXF

10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Will not load YouTube. Error says that I need to check network. Network is fine. All of apps work.

YouTube 2.21 - build 94005087

XF-371-107

-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Click on the app.

0 Kudos
DM100
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps Not Loading on my TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Since experiencing some mismatch of voice and video on YouTube yesterday, I checked for a Roku update and then restarted as I have done successfully a number # of times before when having a problem, but now, like many on this thread I cannot reload YouTube, Apple TV or Kanopy.  Same message every time: "*___* could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network."  My network (I have rebooted it twice and can get Netflix and PBS to reload w/o difficulty) is just fine.  I have run through ALL the steps listed in this thread, but no dice.  What was it that changed in the course of one day?

I have a 3910RW Express+ device (serial #YG007G46860), the soft ware is 10.0.0, build 4209-51.

Please advise.  Am I now required to buy up to new roku device (4x) to access stations I just had access to yesterday.  Please advise.  DM

0 Kudos
RainDelay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This started happening to me right after I downloaded the Aquarium screensaver as well!  I hate to think it's the culprit, but it may very well be.  I know it was only $2.17, but I resent having paid for this screensaver which turned out to be far inferior to my much-loved and free Roku Aquatic Life anyway!  And it very well could have messed up my Roku Express+ and caused a fish tank full of trouble!  I wish I could get my money back.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are currently aware of the issue, and are working diligently to try to resolve the issue.

For more information, please see our Community post here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Channel-launch-issue-quot-Can-t-run-channel-q...

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Bozopolis7734
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube not working on Roku devices. Getting Check Network error

Jump to solution

Obviously YouTube is broken on at least the Roku Express. I've been trying all of the fixes today several times. First it tells me (after restart) there's no room then to Check Network. None of this was happening until I did a manual update today. It sounds like it started yesterday. I watch YouTube a lot so this is a BIG DEAL. How about putting the last version back before the last update until you can figure out what happened? 

Aldawg5

Re: No Channels Working Except Netflix

Jump to solution

Is anyone looking into this?

0 Kudos