Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qmom
Level 7

Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

For the last few days, I have been unable to watch NBC on my tv. Have the same issue trying to watch nbc on the SYFY, USA, and Bravo app. All the other channels work except NBC. I also have a firestick and the NBC app works fine. I can get the local nbc channel on the NBC app.

The problem started when there was an error message and no picture, but the sound continued with the error message on the screen. Now I can't load nbc at all. But like I said it works fine on my firestick

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

Hi @qmom,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? | Official Roku ...
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach NBC support here: 
https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?brand=nbc 

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bramb1
Level 7

Re: Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

I’m having the same problem. It started this week. I tried all of those steps.

I was wondering if it was because where I’m currently located is a different nbc affiliate than where my service is based.

for now I chrome cast the nbc app from my phone. 

0 Kudos