Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

@Dannydjohnson1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you seeing an error message on screen? Have you already tried removing the affected channels, restarting your device, and then adding the channels back again?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
balletd
Channel Surfer

Re: Error: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected

Hello, 

I am currently experiencing this issue with a specific channel (Disney+) and have been experiencing this for a little over a week now. I have Roku TVs throughout my house, abs Disney+ is suddenly unresponsive on all TVs. However, the app works just fine on mobile Apple devices. I have deleted and reinstalled the channel twice; restarted the Roku TVs; ensured the TVs were updated; and still no resolution. I have even changed the data setting within the app itself to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@balletd, have you restarted all of your network equipment (gateway, modem, router) and then your Roku devices?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
balletd
Channel Surfer

Yes- I’ve tried this all to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@balletd
Thanks for the post.
We are aware of the issue that is affecting Roku devices with connectivity/loading channels and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating and working on a resolution. The issue you are experiencing may be related to this issue.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
osamu
Reel Rookie

Also experiencing this issue with my TCL TV with Roku and Disney Plus.  The error message will show up in the middle of a show/movie, sometimes after 1 minute, sometimes after an hour, but always seemingly around the same part of the show.  If I exit and resume watching, sometimes I can fast-forward past the part where the error message will show up.  Does not seem to show up on every show.  I have tried all picture qualities in Disney Plus settings, I have tried both connecting the TV to the internet via wifi as well as hardwiring.  I have updated tv software and Disney Plus software.  

I am not having the same issue watching Disney Plus on phone/tablets. I do not have the issue with watching Netflix or other channels on Roku.  

0 Kudos
Avery1495

Having this same exact problem. Did you ever get it resolved?

0 Kudos
balletd
Channel Surfer

Hi! This was one of the most frustrating issues I’ve encountered. Unfortunately, the issue was not resolved until literally three days ago- after switching internet providers, Disney Plus mysteriously began to work again. I’m not going to ask any questions or wonder- just finally thankful to have it working again! 

0 Kudos
lenlen

this is happening to me now. did we ever figure out how to fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@estellamy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos