Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcabigao
Level 7

Error 60.002 on new HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel

HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel updated their channels on Roku and now I'm getting "Error 60.002 - You are not authorized this video. Please check your subscription or parental guide settings."

I am signed in to Verizon Fios provider but I'm getting this error message. Anybody else experiencing the problem and any solution to this?
0 Kudos
43 Replies

Re: Error 60.002 on new HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel

"rcabigao" wrote:
HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel updated their channels on Roku and now I'm getting "Error 60.002 - You are not authorized this video. Please check your subscription or parental guide settings."

I am signed in to Verizon Fios provider but I'm getting this error message. Anybody else experiencing the problem and any solution to this?

Any answer???? Same problem Smiley Sad
0 Kudos

Hi!

I had the same problem! So frustrating. We tried everything, then my husband signed out of our tv provider (within the settings of the food network app, or whichever one you're using) and signed back it. Then it worked! Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
iTrader
Level 7

I had the same problem - it started two days ago.  I finally had a chat session with Roku Support.  He suggested removing the app, rebooting, then re-adding the app.  That worked!

I think there was a server side change on the Roku servers.  Most of the apps now have a different layout and menuing.  Some worked fine after the change but I had trouble getting LiveTV to work with HGTV and Food Network.  I hope that someone eventually comes clean with what actually changed.
0 Kudos
Corgirl12
Level 7

Does anyone have other suggestions? I tried all of the ones mentioned (deleted channel, readded channel, rebooted modem & rebooted Roku) and am successfully signed in with AT&T U-verse, but still getting the same error 60.002. Absolutely frustrated and found no information on the Roku website.
Would really appreciate options to try since it will not allow me to view any episodes but a few free stream shows even while logged in. Makes no sense!
Thank you for your help!
0 Kudos
jjold
Level 7

Same problem, I have hgtv, diy network on cable, but get the 60.002 error on roku, removed both channels pwr down the roku plug it back in and reboots, add hgtv again same error.

Just checked my updates last time was Aug24, I think Roku needs to send a new patch or update
0 Kudos
jjold
Level 7

Got HGTV working, go to Hgtv app top of the screen line, scroll over, sign out from your service provider then sign back in to them.
0 Kudos
kbuicker
Level 7

Getting same error message... tried uninstalling, restarting, all of that other #%@# and still getting the frustrating message. Nice of ROKU personnel to let us know an update would screw up everything. No emails, no message on their device.. nothing. Nice work.
0 Kudos
kbuicker
Level 7

"iTrader" wrote:
I had the same problem - it started two days ago.  I finally had a chat session with Roku Support.  He suggested removing the app, rebooting, then re-adding the app.  That worked!

I think there was a server side change on the Roku servers.  Most of the apps now have a different layout and menuing.  Some worked fine after the change but I had trouble getting LiveTV to work with HGTV and Food Network.  I hope that someone eventually comes clean with what actually changed.

Same here with both of those channels. ATT UVerse. I removed them, restarted, re-added them. Still getting error.
0 Kudos
rcabigao
Level 7

Got everything to work by following jjold's solution - signed out from service provider then signed back in again.
0 Kudos