Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeFromMesa1
Level 8

Error: 504

Can anyone tell me what an Error 504 is?

I recently added Discovery+. We watched it for about a week before we went on a short trip and when we got back I get an Error code 504 when I try to watch something on it.

All of my other streaming works fine, so it is not the internet connection. I have rebooted my Roku (Model 4670X - Roku Ultra) but it did not make a difference. I first thought perhaps there was an issue subscribing to Discovery+ but my Roku account shows it as being subscribed, and I could not find an email address for sending a support request to Roku itself. And the only option my account gives me concerning Discovery+ is to cancel the subscription.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error: 504

Have you tried contacting Discovery+?  I have no idea how to do that; just asking.  The error code is coming from their channel/app, I assume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MikeFromMesa1
Level 8

Yes, I did ask Roku support, but got no answer as of yet.

I first posted here because originally I could not find any email address for Roku support,so I had no way of asking them. However when I Googled "Roku support email" I found their address and sent them the same question I posted here. So far I have not gotten any answer.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I said Discovery+ support, not Roku.  You're very unlikely to get any useful information from Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MikeFromMesa1
Level 8

You are absolutely correct, and I am sitting here wondering why I sent a support request to Roku instead of discovery+.

I have now sent a support request to the proper place and will see if I get a response. Thank you for your post.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MikeFromMesa1 

Thanks for the posts.

As @renojim mentioned, we would recommend contacting Discovery+ support for further assistance with your issue. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeFromMesa1
Level 8

Finally heard back from Discovery+. Their first response just told me to uninstall and reinstall the app and told me nothing about the error code. When I responded asking specifically about the error code they told me that it referred to the inability of the app to properly receive content from the server and that it was a networking issue.

Whatever the networking issue was, it had nothing to do with my local internet signal since I could stream from any other app on my Roku, but since the app started streaming properly about an hour after I first received the signal I will probably never know the real issue.

Thank you for reminding me that I needed to be contacting Discovery+ and not Roku. 

0 Kudos
Fishface
Level 8

Moral of the story:  when in doubt, either reboot or uninstall/reinstall.

0 Kudos