Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnnymz
Level 7

Episode Availability on The Roku Channel

Jump to solution

On the Roku channel, all the episodes for Degrassi: The Next Generation aren’t available. Is there any reason why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Episodes

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. There are a variety of reasons that certain content such as a portion of a particular series, may not be available. Licensing restrictions, and/or popularity can impact availability in some cases, as well as a variety of other reasons. It can be hard to say. Content may also become unavailable if it's licensing period expires, similar to other services. 

We'll share your interest with the team though. Thanks again for reaching out! 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
CuriousNat
Level 7

Jump to solution

I sure wish Roku or someone would have responded because I'd like to know why as well. I noticed this also. Hope Roku can identify and respond.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. There are a variety of reasons that certain content such as a portion of a particular series, may not be available. Licensing restrictions, and/or popularity can impact availability in some cases, as well as a variety of other reasons. It can be hard to say. Content may also become unavailable if it's licensing period expires, similar to other services. 

We'll share your interest with the team though. Thanks again for reaching out! 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Catgon09
Level 7

Degrassi: Next Generation SOS

Jump to solution

All The Seasons of Degrassi: Next Generation vanished over night!!! And I was in a serious binge!!!! SOS who kidnapped Degrassi, and left me with one measly episode🙁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Catgon09
Level 7

Jump to solution

The Degrassi episodes and seasons vanished!!!! Any idea why it went away!!!!!?!?? I’m so sad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chelsea11712
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was wondering the same! Rattling my brain over here, thought I was going crazy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I was on season 11 of Degrassi!! Why so there only one episode of season 13 on there!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kfienen
Level 7

The nanny

Jump to solution

I would like to know why only seasons 1 & 2 of The Nanny are on here. Would love to be able to watch the whole series 

Highlighted
HPritch13
Level 7

Re: The nanny

Jump to solution

I have been wondering the same thing. I know Roku updates content pretty regularly, but I am curious when they plan on uploading more seasons. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1zodiac
Level 10

Re: The nanny

Jump to solution

they rent the rights per episode.

on a sitcom that is 6 seasons,they give the rights too two seasons in hopes you buy the dvd.

i was watching newsradio and didn't realize only two seasons.

on missing episodes,it can be for reason above or content like music they have to keep paying royalties on.

not just on roku,same thing on paid services like netflix.