Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maya1
Level 7

Entering password on Netflix app won't let me use special characters

Hello! For some reason when I try to enter my Netflix password on my TCL Roku TV it won't let me use special characters? It is only on the Netflix app and only with the special characters, and after I try to use the special characters it won't let me type anything at all, I have to shut the TV off and try again. I tried contacting Netflix and after troubleshooting they also think it's a TV issue rather than the app. I unplugged the TV for 5 minutes and also tried uninstalling and then redownloading Netflix on the TV but its still not working. Please help!

4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Entering password on Netflix app won't let me use special characters

You don't need to talk to someone at netflix just to change passwords, go your netflix account on your computer:

https://www.netflix.com/password

Put in old password, then change it to one without special character, and then confirm it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
greenrs
Level 7

Re: Entering password on Netflix app won't let me use special characters

This is still a problem, and it is not unique to Netflix.  I changed a password for another channel to be identical to my Netflix password and the Roku app will not accept it either due to the same special character. 

In my case it is a "<" symbol.  I am able to enter the first four characters of my password but once I try and select a "<" character, I can no longer enter ANY characters and must exit the sign-in process and start again. 

Went back to Chromecast with no problems.

Roku:  get your stuff together and quit blaming this on the channels.

0 Kudos
Veronica3
Level 7

I forgot a Netflix password

I was hopeing that Roku remembers the password that I used 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I forgot a Netflix password

Hi @Veronica3,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication. That is handled directly by the channel publisher. For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. 

You can reach their support team here: https://help.netflix.com/en
Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos