Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Eerie Late Night Horror Channel issue

Yesterday, the Eerie Late Night Horror Channel disappeared from my Roku listings.  I found out it was "un-certified", and chose to reload it, using the code the hosts sent me.  It has not loaded in over 24 hrs, nor did System Update or System Restart help, or doing the whole code process again.

Does anyone know if Roku is holding out on the facts?  Help is pretty thin.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Eerie Late Night Horror Channel issue

I have no knowledge of this particular channel, but when Roku decertifies a channel it is often because the channel has been found to be providing pirated material to which the channel has not obtained the streaming rights.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks.  If they are going to do that, it would be reasonable to explain the situation, rather than just remove the channel w/o warning.  Of course, larger entities seem to forgo reasonability these days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The Eerie Late Night Horror Channel is still streaming.  I watched it several times this past week and had no issues with it.  And I just checked it again make sure that there wasn't a problem.  Nope.  It's still there. What day did you try to access it???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just tried loading it again, using the channel's code.  Roku's page said it was loaded, and wait about 24 hrs for the channel to show up, OR...go to settings/etc/check updates.

I did that, no joy.  I guess I'll see tomorrow.

As to "what day...", really?  Never was an issue before.  I'm thinking that dropping one of my channels w/o notice, and a pretty garbled system fo getting info, indicates Roku is just another sloppy business in present-day dystopiaville.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I recently updated the firmware on my bedroom roku. Afterwards I was unable to access the eerie channel. I can still view it in the living room. I have a roku ultra in the LR. So I figured I'd upgrade my BR roku to ultra. Still can't access the eerie channel in BR. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've spoken with one of the folks at Eerie, and they said that for some reason, newer Roku units are experiencing the problem, but older models still stream the channel.
I have a fairly old Roku2 XS, and so far, the channel won't load up, tho the website here says it accepts the code.  SOSO...all that time things worked fine - whether it's an upgrade, or some officious bs, the channel just disappeared, and not even a shrug.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

same here, maybe if someone finds the channel authors email we can give them the roku build on each system, maybe there is a glitch in the updated software or something?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yahoo, at least I'm back in business as far the eerie channel is concerned. Just loaded it up, had a spinning pumpkin icon show up and there she is! Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes! same here buddy! orange pumpkin looks good too lol

0 Kudos