Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vnazario
Level 8

EbruTV

Hello:

I kind of miss the Roku EbruTV channel.  It has been broken for a very long time.  I wanted to start this thread so other Roku users can join me in petitioning EbruTV to please fix their Roku channel:

http://ebru.tv/#about

If this channel can be seen on Roku via other methods please chime in.  If you have the RokuCast Chrome extension you can cast it from your PC to Roku or you can use the Firefox Beta Android app and cast it to Roku.  I'm sure there are other casting methods to Roku but if there is a different source to watch it, it would be much appreciated.  In the past FilmOn had it at one time but no longer.

Thanks in advance to anyone who contacts EbruTV  to petitiion a fix or to those providing other working alternatives. 

Perhaps RokuChris can add the stream to his Nowhereman private channel or some other developer can import the stream legally and make it available as an "unofficial channel"...
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
2 Replies
gkl
Level 7

Re: EbruTV

I used to watch Ebru TV as well. It had several good programs. It suddenly stopped working on the Roku about four years ago. I just reloaded it from the Roku channel store (yes, it’s still an official Roku channel), but it still doesn’t stream, kicking out when one clicks to watch live TV. I contacted them regarding this four years ago and never received a reply. I sent another request today.
2018 and 2017 Roku Ultras, 2017 Roku Streaming Stick+, 2018 Roku Express
Mohu Sky attic antenna
First Generation Dual Tuner Tablo
HP Stream Mini (used as a media server for Plex/PlayOn/iTunes/Web)
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos
gkl
Level 7

Re: EbruTV

Apparently, Ebru TV no longer exists, even though it’s website is still running, having been shut down by the Turkish government in 2016.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebru
2018 and 2017 Roku Ultras, 2017 Roku Streaming Stick+, 2018 Roku Express
Mohu Sky attic antenna
First Generation Dual Tuner Tablo
HP Stream Mini (used as a media server for Plex/PlayOn/iTunes/Web)
Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD
(Roku owner since 2011)
0 Kudos