Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

EWTN Video Programs will not PAUSE, FF or REV

Previously my Roku Ultra remote would Pause, FF and REV the EWTN videos. Now it does not work. I have deleted the EWTN App and re-installed and it still does not work. Has something changed with ROKU that does no allow this function? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: EWTN Video Programs will not PAUSE, FF or REV

@jhaninger 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact EWTN support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach EWTN support here: 1 (205) 271-2900.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Danny,

I called EWTN Viewer Services and they said that they were not aware of any change on their end. They also suggested that I unplug the power to the Roku box, wait a minute and then connect the power again. I did this with both of my Roku Ultra boxes and the remote FF & RW still does not work. Is there any way you could test this on your end? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I spoke with someone in the Viewer Services department two days ago with concerns that
the Video on Demand with the Roku box remote was no longer able to be paused, FF or REW as it did before. He suggested I disconnect the power and restart the Roku box. This did not fix the issue
I confirmed this with 4 different Roku Ultra boxes in 3 separate households.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue and noticed the change about a month ago...also tried multiple devices and app reinstall

please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Pause, FF, Rewind and Closed Captioning are still no longer working with EWTN 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny,

Because the EWTN streaming function on the Roku App no longer works with the ROKU remote control, I no longer use the EWTN app to view streams. The only way to view them is on YouTube, where the remote works correctly. It seems everyone else is in the same boat in this situation. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

EWTN emailed me and their remote control issues have been fixed. Pause, FF, REW are now working with pre-recorded streaming. Thank You. 

0 Kudos